How to differentiate two COM ports on CYBT-343026 on Windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

2018-11-14_144915.jpg

On my computer running Windows 10 (1809), the two COM ports of CYBT-343026 are not displayed as WICED HCI UART and WICED PUART but generic names instead (COM6 and COM7). I will need to manually check for which port is HCI UART or PUART to download firmware and viewing log output. And usually, these ports swap its function after a board power cycle, sometimes COM6 is HCI UART and sometimes it is COM7.

Please help me resolve this issue. Many thanks.

Dat.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi LeDat​,

In Device Manager, the higher COM port is PUART and the lower COM port is HCI UART. Here COM7 is the PUART and COM6 is HCI UART.

The UART functionality does not change or swap. I am not sure how you are seeing and verifying the swapping of UART functions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi LeDat​,

In Device Manager, the higher COM port is PUART and the lower COM port is HCI UART. Here COM7 is the PUART and COM6 is HCI UART.

The UART functionality does not change or swap. I am not sure how you are seeing and verifying the swapping of UART functions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi shjl​,

Thanks for the answer. The COM port used to download firmware, sometimes I have to changed it to the other COM port so it can be downloaded. So I think the port name is changed.

For example, the build and download command for this snip:

snip.bt.a2dp_sink-CYBT_343026_EVAL VERBOSE=1 download UART=COM6

for some reasons, it can not be downloaded even thought I followed the instructions. But if I changed to COM7:

snip.bt.a2dp_sink-CYBT_343026_EVAL VERBOSE=1 download UART=COM7

It will download successfully.

This happens after several powercycles.

0 Likes