USBUART hw flow control (rts/dtr) with CY8C3866LTI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would need to implement an emulation of hw flow control (rts/dtr) with USBUART (USBFS) module of CY8C3866LTI.

I see the fonction USBUART_GetLineControl() to "read" the emulated "pins", but I cannot find out how to "write" pins by software to let the PC know, for instance, that the PSoC "uart" device is currently unavailable to receive more data.

How can I "write" to those emulated pins with the PSoC ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

USBUART doesn't have feature to edit RTS/DTR using API  .The   host   can set it  anytime by using a SET_CONTROL_LINE request and returns it to the user code using the USBUART_GetLineControl() API. You can make use of  USBFS_DisableOutEP() API  which disables the specified USB endpoint to NAK OUT transfers

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

USBUART doesn't have feature to edit RTS/DTR using API  .The   host   can set it  anytime by using a SET_CONTROL_LINE request and returns it to the user code using the USBUART_GetLineControl() API. You can make use of  USBFS_DisableOutEP() API  which disables the specified USB endpoint to NAK OUT transfers

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I use or make a SET_CONTROL_LINE request ?

0 Likes

SET_CONTROL_LINE request can be made by host not by PSoC.

0 Likes