CY8CKIT-059 Kitprog not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I snapped off the kit programmer that came with the CY8CKIT-059 development board, and soldered on a female and a male connectors to the the snapped away programmer and development board.   They work fine when I plug them back together using the connectors.

Then, I have a custom made PCB that has a CY8C5468 chip on it, which it works with the MiniProg3, but not the kitprog.  Neither psoc programmer nor psoc creator can acquire device.

In psoc creator, it simply said:

"There was an error running port acquire: SWD request returned Failed status".

In Psoc programmer, it said more or less the same thing:

" | FAILED! SWD request returned Failed status

| Please, check the following items:

|  - the connection between the programmer and the PSoC;

|  - the correct programming protocol is selected;

|  - the correct connector option is selected."

I have checked/tried:

• Direction of the connector, they are obviously correct the custom made board is powered off the kitprog
  • Update the kitprog firmware
  • Change the mode in kitprog(long pressing the button)
  • Apply external power when programming
  • Erase the firmware.  After erasing the firmware(using miniprog3) in the psoc creator, the chip shows up grayed out as "PSoC5"(without detailed part number), and it says: "This device was recognized, but PSoC Creator does not support using it as this time"
  • Power reset at different times

Has anyone seen this problem before? isn't the kitprog supposed to work with all 5lp chips?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Have you get the KitProg work on your board now?

If still not, you can refer to below community threads regarding to similar issue:

KitProg not recognizing Psoc chip

Kitprog can't detect target on my design

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Based on your description, both KitProg snapped off from kit-059 and your custom board should be full-function for programming.

Can you please double-check the connection wire between KitProg and custom board? Maybe the failure is caused by too long connection wire or some bad connection conditions.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just measured the resistance from the kigprog pins to psoc chip on the board, they are all 0.2 ohm(reset, swdclk, swdio).  My custom board has a male connector that is compatible with miniprog3.   I soldered a female connector on the kitprog.   They are directly plugged into each other.  The wiring distance is about 1 inch(definitely less than 2 inches) long if the wiring on PCB is included. 

0 Likes

Have you get the KitProg work on your board now?

If still not, you can refer to below community threads regarding to similar issue:

KitProg not recognizing Psoc chip

Kitprog can't detect target on my design

0 Likes