A2DP source with I2S microphone

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm developing an audio application with the CYW920719Q40EVB_01 and Wiced Studio 6.2.

I tried to use the demo/watch example and I modified it as an A2DP source routing with I2S instead UART ( "wiced_audio_start( WICED_TRUE, AUDIO_ROUTE_I2S, lcid, &av_app_cb.sbc_caps_configured );" ). And I use the default configuration of pins , ( platforms/CYW920719Q40EVB_01/wiced_platforme_pin_config.c ) where clock = P16, WS = P17, DO= P02 ans DI=P04. But Clock (pin 16) stay at high level.

I tried to use others pins or configure I2S in slave mode. But they both did not work. The example works well when I'm using uart or sin routing. According to this post, my solution should work https://community.cypress.com/thread/36044?q=I2S

Do you have any clue about that it's working wrong?

Thank you,

Thibaut.

0 Likes
4 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Could you please confirm whether you tested I2S master or slave?

Have you tested with some other pins? which pins?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I tested I2S master in 3 different pin configuration :

Config n°1 : clock : Pin 16, World select : Pin 17, Data in : Pin 02 and Data out : Pin 04

Config n°2 : clock : Pin 04, World select : Pin 02, Data in : Pin 17 and Data out : Pin 16

Config n°3 : clock : Pin 25, World select : Pin 02, Data in : Pin 29 and Data out : Pin 04 (I used I2C pin but I did not use the I2C bus).

With this 3 configs, i always had not output signal from my cyw20719 chip.

I have also test I2S slave in same 3 configs. And i tri to fix pin 16 as it's described here : Re: P16 on CYW20719

This two tests don't work too.

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi,

Could you please share your project for review?

Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi anpm

I just modified line 1741 of hci_control_audio.c from the original "watch" demo of Wiced 6.2. (as described here: I2S/PCM config for A2DP source ) . I did not modify the I2S mode, it still is master mode.

Regards,

Thibaut

0 Likes