Can't install WICED Studio 6.2.1 on Windows machine

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,  Windows 7.  WICED Studio 6.2.1
Unzipped installer.  when I run it,   regardless of where I choose to install IDE,  it stops and tells me I do not have enough space.   It claimes I have 1MB of space and need 1GB of space.

pastedImage_0.png

My C drive actually has 85GB of space and my F drive has 330GB of space.    can someone guide me on how to solve this installation problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

user_267076274

Please add C:\Windows\System32 to your path and check if the issue still persists.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

More information

I moved the installation folder to here:

C:\WICED-Studio-6.2.1.2-IDE-Installer 

then opened and ran the installer.  
after the installer installed itself, is running and ready to install the IDE,  I get the same problem. 
I have 85GB of space on the C drive and 330GB of free space on the F drive where I was originally trying to install. 

I still get the same popup window complaining about not enough memory.  

I also tried  WICED Studio 5.2 same bad results.

HELP!!!!! I'm going bonkers trying to figure this out.

I

0 Likes

I am just guessing so I can be wrong, but is your account in administrators group of Windows7?

Where is the folder you are trying to install WICED? In my case, I always use these:

C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\WICED-Studio-6.2

C:\Users\myname\Documents\WICED\WICED-Studio-6.2

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am the Admin.
I ran the installer as Administrator

I used the default folder  nothing.

I used the default folder but with the F drive (330GB free space)  nothing.

I moved the installer executable and eml file to the root   C:    and ran as admin and still nothing.

yes Windows 7.

0 Likes
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

user_267076274

Please add C:\Windows\System32 to your path and check if the issue still persists.

user_267076274

Could you provide the install log located at %TEMP%\wiced_install_log

To include as an attachment, hit reply and click "use advanced editor" from the top right corner of the window. There will be a little attachment icon in the bottom right corner of the same window.

Also, can you check windows (Computer->Properties->Advanced System Settings->Environment Variables) and share with us the location of the TMP and TEMP variables.

An example is below from my laptop:

pastedImage_0.png

djjwlazina.rahman_1486086shecabda

0 Likes

Adding the applications team anpm grsr gyan riya rroy shjl wwfe

0 Likes