Modfiy HAL to support SPL

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BaT_3785171
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

I am porting a IAR source code written for STM32F411 to 43xxx_Wi-Fi project  (WICED studio 6.1 installed in my PC)

( Note that IAR code is written using HAL drivers and 43xxx_Wi-Fi project is based on standard peripheral library drivers.)

I came to know currently  in WICED Studio, there is no straightforward way to do this.

Now I am thinking of modifying HAL to support SPL.

My question is regarding efforts of modifying HAL to support SPL.

Effort is too great to do this ?

Or

Less effort is required ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

As discussed in Combination of HAL and SPL drivers , we have not tried this on our end. You can take this up and try and follow the outline mentioned in the mentioned thread. The effort will be moderately difficult if you are not too familiar with WS environment. If you correctly modify the makefiles and platform level source files (.c), it should not be too cumbersome.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

As discussed in Combination of HAL and SPL drivers , we have not tried this on our end. You can take this up and try and follow the outline mentioned in the mentioned thread. The effort will be moderately difficult if you are not too familiar with WS environment. If you correctly modify the makefiles and platform level source files (.c), it should not be too cumbersome.

0 Likes