Build PSoC projects via Jenkins (Error: prj.M0274)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I try to build my PSoC projects via Jenkins I get the following error:

Error: prj.M0274: Unable to initialize system dependencies. Absolute path is required. 'PSoC Creator\4.2' is not an absolute path.

I am invoking the build with this command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.2\PSoC Creator\bin\cyprjmgr.exe" -w "myworkspace.cywrk" -prj "myproject" -c "Release" -rebuild -s

As a local user on my build machine via remote desktop I am able to build my project. How can I set the path for system dependencies and what should it look like?

Thanks and regards

Timm

0 Likes
4 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

I tried to execute the build using PSoC Creator 4.0 and 4.2. I am getting your error in version 4.2, but it builds perfectly on version 4.0.

Try running it on 4.0 and let me know if you are able to build it perfectly.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our Project relies on certain Versions of modules, so I'm not shure if a downgrade is really a solution for us. Will there be a fix in the next Versions of PSoC creator?

0 Likes

For some reason that the Jenkins account is not able to build the projects because it not able to find the path to the My Documents directory when it is trying to construct the path to "..PSoC Creator/4.2.." directory in My Documents. The reason could be because the system is on a network drive and the My Documents folder is not mounted correctly or redirected.

Please run the following command on Windows Powershell and also in Jenkins to check if you are able to see the path being returned as shown below:

Command: [System.Environment]::GetFolderPath([System.Environment+SpecialFolder]::MyDocuments)

curtix.PNG

This is a .NET API function that we use in PSoC Creator to get the path to the My Documents folder. If an empty string is returned, it means there is an error accessing the folder and hence the error.

Please verify this and let me know your observations.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please pay attention for USERPROFILE variable in Jenkins. In my case I have next:

USERPROFILE=C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile

In my case workaround:

# Hack for PSoC Creator

USERPROFILE="C:\Users\<user_name>"

Works as expected.

Hope that will help for you till that moment when issue with PSoC Creator v4.2 will be resolved.

0 Likes