I2C SCB Datasheet not providing full API instruction

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GeIo_1586191
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

I am in the process of building up an I2C SCB Master component for my test application.

I decided to strip everything back and work from the datasheet (documentation).

Capture_PSoC6_I2Ccomponent.JPG

But I noticed that the documentation only refers to drivers section in the pdl folder and makes no mention of the component folder (in my case it's called I2CM), which is created when you select "generate application"

Capture_PSoC6_I2Cstruct.JPG

What are these files and functions for and why are they not mentioned in the documentation?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

PSoC6 project provides component-level APIs in a different way than PSOC3/4/5,it uses the integrated PDL library rather than Component based APIs, so the component datasheet is also different with before. These component name based .c/.h files are used to make an interface between the user and the PDL library, mainly to rename the function name to facilitate user to call PDL library. If you check I2CM.h, you can find full APIs provided here.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

PSoC6 project provides component-level APIs in a different way than PSOC3/4/5,it uses the integrated PDL library rather than Component based APIs, so the component datasheet is also different with before. These component name based .c/.h files are used to make an interface between the user and the PDL library, mainly to rename the function name to facilitate user to call PDL library. If you check I2CM.h, you can find full APIs provided here.

0 Likes

Thank you. Ok, it is just not mentioned in the datasheet at all as to what to do with I2CM functions. It would help if the document explained, as the functions found here ultimately all use the PDL function calls. So is this a legacy file which is there for backwards compatibility and therefore not recommended for new firmware etc, or something else. Just curious.

0 Likes