PSOC4 autocalibration and auto tune time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LiFi_1601451
Level 2
Level 2

I am using CY8C4125PVS-482Z for cap touch button design. The cap touch button is a water proof design with guard and shield. We want to choose between auto smart sense, manual and manual with running tuning. Please tell me which one is better. Besides, please tell me the time separation for the smart sense to perform auto calibration and auto tuning. Please tell me the time separation for the manual with running tuning to perform running tuning. If we choose manual mode, how can we perform calibration and run time tuning, and what is the recommend time separation to perform calibration and run time tuning

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShanmathiN_06
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hello,

I assume you are using old CapSense component. We recommend you to use CapSense V6.0 for better performance.

Pls refer to Section 5 of http://www.cypress.com/file/46081/download for information on different tuning methods.

CapSense initialization and calibration occurs during CapSense_Start() API.

To know the time the component takes to initialize, you can toggle a GPIO before and after the API is called. The time differs for different CapSense component configurations.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Shanmathi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ShanmathiN_06
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hello,

I assume you are using old CapSense component. We recommend you to use CapSense V6.0 for better performance.

Pls refer to Section 5 of http://www.cypress.com/file/46081/download for information on different tuning methods.

CapSense initialization and calibration occurs during CapSense_Start() API.

To know the time the component takes to initialize, you can toggle a GPIO before and after the API is called. The time differs for different CapSense component configurations.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Shanmathi

0 Likes