Communication with an USB device - CY8CKIT-059

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello community,

I'm new here and also inexperienced by working with Post, yet.

The problem I have at the moment, is the communication with an USB-device, in my case a barcode scanner. To keep the explanation short:

I want to store/save the scanned barcode (as a string). Due to that I bought a scanner and want to receive the code with the Psoc. The Scanner is using USB.

Now my question/problem:

As I know the USB-device needs a host to be able to communicate. I read that the Psoc itself can't function as a host and therefore it is not possible realize the whole concept as I thought/planed... (Am I right with that?)

Does someone could help me or has an idea how I could solve this problem. Maybe with a converter or something like that?!

Thanks a lot!

Daniel

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Daniel, the sad news is: PSoC5 does not work as an USB host, only as a slave just like your scanner.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Daniel, the sad news is: PSoC5 does not work as an USB host, only as a slave just like your scanner.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, thank you for your answer.

Is there an other possibility to realize it. Maybe with a converter chip to an other bus system?

0 Likes