CYUSB3KIT-003 can download with RAM but can't work,is there something wrong with my board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

first,I set the board like this :

pastedImage_1.png

and then the USB Control center got the bootloader:

pastedImage_2.png

i do the program like this Program->FX3->RAM,and then i select the demo USBBulkSourceSink.img,USB control center shows the information like this:

pastedImage_3.png

it has downloaded succeeded,but the demo board not work,and then i check the power supply descirbed by the website ,the powers all right,how can i work correctly with the demo board CYUSB3KIT-003.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Yellan,

- The CyBootProgrammer.img file needs to be present in this path.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\c_sharp\controlcenter

- The Control Center looks for the IMG file in this path and downloads it. Please do not relocate the IMG file from this path and check again.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- Please open the device manager and check if there are any 'Unknown Devices'.

- Also, let us know if you have used the USBBulkSourceSink example firmware without any modifications or in case you have modified it, mention the changes.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI srnt,

---there is no device with  the pid/vid=0x00F3/04B4 when i connected the demo board with my pc. when i disconnected the board with my pc there is no change with my bushound,

---i get the board without any changes from agent,the first time i connect it with my pc,device manager shows no changes ,so i download the demo firmware to the board with userguide,the appearance just like my question.

thanks

0 Likes

Hello,

- When the USB Control Center shows the device label as "Cypress FX3 USB BootLoader Device", select Program->FX3->RAM and choose the IMG file that I have shared in this interaction.

- In case you do not find the device in Control Center after performing this, select Program->FX3->I2C EEPROM and choose the IMG file attached. Once the Control Center shows "Programming Succeeded", remove the jumper J4, then disconnect and reconnect the device. Check if the device comes up in the Control Center.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Srnt,

when i do the operation just like you described,the Usb Control Center shows like this:

pastedImage_0.png

when i click the Program->FX3->I2C EEPROM item,it shows the information like this

pastedImage_1.png.

it seems that the board not worked.

The bootloader information shows like the screenshort:

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes

Hello,

- Perform only the RAM load as I have mentioned in the previous interaction.

When the USB Control Center shows the device label as "Cypress FX3 USB BootLoader Device", select Program->FX3->RAM and choose the IMG file that I have shared in this interaction.

With this method, please let me know the behavior.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Srnt,

The result just like the question i have requested ,download success,but it not work.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Hello,

Thanks for posting the details. Try the following.

- Connect the device to the host with the jumper J4 connected.

- The device enumerates as "Cypress FX3 USB BootLoader Device".

- Remove the jumper J4 from the board.

- Choose Program->FX3->I2C EEPROM.

- Control Center displays "Waiting for Cypress Boot Programmer device to enumerate".

- Then Control Center shows the device name as "Cypress FX3 USB BootProgrammer Device" and asks for the IMG file.

- Point to the IMG file that I have shared.

- Control Center displays "Programming of I2C EEPROM in progress" and then shows "Programming Succeeded" after successful download of the firmware.

- Then unplug the device and re-plug again or press the Reset button (SW1) on the board.

Let me know the observations.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Srnt,

After I press the item Program->FX3->I2C EEPROM,USB Control Center shows the information "Waiting for Cypress Boot Programmer device to enumerate",but about 10s later it show the information like this:

pastedImage_0.png

it seems that the EEPROM not found.

0 Likes

Hello,

- It is not because of the absence of EEPROM. Can you please confirm if the CyBootProgrammer.img file is located in the below path.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\c_sharp\controlcenter

- Also, please let know if there has been any modifications made to the CyBootProgrammer.img file.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi srnt;

First, the .img file not below C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\c_sharp\controlcenter,i relocate the file to 'E:\ljie\ElectroMagneticHandler\CypressReference'.

Second,i select the file which is provided by you,there is no change occured.

When the download occured,the path is signed to location of the file,is there something wrong with the operation.

Best regards,

Yellan

0 Likes

Hello Yellan,

- The CyBootProgrammer.img file needs to be present in this path.

- The Control Center looks for the IMG file in this path and downloads it. Please do not relocate the IMG file from this path and check again.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi  srnt,

Thanks for your help,I have ordered supplier‘s FAE to solve the problem.

Best regards

yellan

0 Likes