Using FX3 to transfer data by PC streamer app

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jach_1279971
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Burned AN87216 prebuilt images (autoMaster.img & autoSlave.img) into 2 FX3 boards, used PC streamer app to send data from BULKOUT of autoSlave to BULKIN of autoMaster.

When USB 2.0 ports under WIN10 was used, the throughput was nearly 17MBps without fail.

pastedImage_0.png

However, when USB 3.0 ports under WIN10 are used, the throughput was really terrible. The failure rate was very high, only few data could be received. When the "Timeout per xfer" was reduced to 50ms, the success rate was stable. I have tried 2 different PC with USB 3.0, the same result was got. I don't expect high failure rate and low throughput when USB 3.0 ports are used, please kindly advise.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_3.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Jackie,

You can try increasing the value of the macro CY_FX_EP_BURST_LENGTH in your firmware.

Maximum value can be 15.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
jach_1279971
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

When I modified the CyFxBulkLpApplnLPMRqtCB() as below, the streamer app can be run under WIN10 with USB 3.0 without fail. But as I know that "CyU3PUsbLPMDisable" is invoked in CyFxBulkLpApplnInit(), low power mode should be disabled, please kindly advise.

CyBool_t

CyFxBulkLpApplnLPMRqtCB (

CyU3PUsbLinkPowerMode link_mode)

{

// CyU3PDebugPrint (6, "low power mode\r\n");

//return CyTrue;

return CyFalse;

}

0 Likes

Yes, LPMDisable is called in AppInit() function. Hence, the device should not enter into U1 and U2 mode.

Can you please capture the USB trace and check whether the device is entering into U1 and U2 while returning CyTrue in LPMCallback?

You may use USBLyzer (USBlyzer - USB Protocol Analyzer and USB Traffic Sniffer for Windows ) USB trace software tool for this purpose.

0 Likes

I have captured the USB data (URB) of slave but how to analyze whether it enters into U1 and U2? Thanks.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Please find the captured file.

0 Likes

Any idea? Thanks.

0 Likes
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Jackie,

You can try increasing the value of the macro CY_FX_EP_BURST_LENGTH in your firmware.

Maximum value can be 15.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes