Is it possible that heat damage just the Bluetooth part on the chip?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlAl_1520441
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted

Hi,

Currently I designed a new board for the PSOC4 BLE chip. I demounted my chip from its previous board to the new one. The chip package is QFN and this time took me couple of times to mount it correctly on the new one. Although the chip was functional, I could not recognize it anymore. Then again, I demounted it and mounted on the previous board. The result was the same.

Is it possible that heat ruin the connectivity? I know that the antenna is mounted correctly (when I measure its resistance with the ground, it is less than 2 ohm and almost short circuited)

And in advanced, if the answer is yes, what is the suitable time of heating and the temperature?

Bests

0 Likes
1 Solution

I have a CY8CKIT 142 and just programm it with creator 3.3 first then programm it with creator 4.2. I use the Find Me demo code. Everything works fine including the BLE. It's very strange that your kit can't work. I think it may be damaged by some other reason.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

It is possible that the chip works abnormal because of longtime heat. But it is very infrequent that only the BLE works abnormal. Please check the connectivity of the pad first, then the power system of the chip. If both are fine, but the BLE still don't work. It may be damaged.

As for the suitale temperature, you can find from the quality document that the Reflow Profile is 260C.

http://www.cypress.com/file/278351/download

0 Likes

Thanks for your answer. I've faced another problem in the past. My PSOC4 BLE kit, after upgrading my PSOC Creator from 3.3 to 4.X, failed to run its Bluetooth. The same code but no activity. I've tested other working code (codes that run well on my own designed/made boards) but it shows nothing. All its other functionality work well but the Bluetooth.

Is it possible that something during the programming (software part) on some chips be the reason of failing? Any hint?

Bests

0 Likes

As the chip works fine on the previous board, I don't think it's the softwre problem if you programmed the same project. I think the hardware connection may be the most probable reason. Did you check the power system of the previous board when you mounted the chip back?

0 Likes

This is the board that I bought from CYPRESS. I did nothing on it. Just by upgrading the program, then the connectivity vanished. It just works without Bluetooth.

0 Likes

Could the BLE work if you programm a demo project for example find me to it?

0 Likes

Nope! Unfortunately it do not respond to anything.

0 Likes

I have a CY8CKIT 142 and just programm it with creator 3.3 first then programm it with creator 4.2. I use the Find Me demo code. Everything works fine including the BLE. It's very strange that your kit can't work. I think it may be damaged by some other reason.

0 Likes