Looking for the correct processor to handle USB audio and keyboard functions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am looking for a processor [or a few options] -

USB  to analog audio in and out.  Only need stereo out, mono or stereo in is ok.  No fancy audio processing needed.

Also need a few GPIO pins that can watch for a contact closure, and trigger software to simulate a short key sequence via the USB as if it were a USB keyboard.  

If there was one with onboard CODEC that's even better, but I'm thinking more likely to have to use a separate audio CODEC, but it only needs to be a simple one.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello.

Please refer to FX2LP. This silicon has one GPIF/slave FIFO interface along with UART and I2C interfaces. It is available in 128pin TQFP, 100pin TQFP, 56pin QFN and 56pin SSOP packages. In case you would want the keyboard functionalities only for a few key presses, the GPIO pins/I2C interface can be used and the GPIF/slave FIFO interface can be used for the audio functions.

Best regards,
Srinath S

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

Please consider using FX3 which has got an I2S transmitter and a GPIF II interface which can act as a channel for audio IN. Also, FX3 has got as much as 60 GPIO pins which can be used for various purposes.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there no smaller / simpler choices?  We only need USB level 1 or 2 max.  Also, only need a few GPIO pins.  60 is overkill doubled.  BGA package also causes a lot of trouble with getting them built and troubleshooting.

0 Likes

Hello.

Please refer to FX2LP. This silicon has one GPIF/slave FIFO interface along with UART and I2C interfaces. It is available in 128pin TQFP, 100pin TQFP, 56pin QFN and 56pin SSOP packages. In case you would want the keyboard functionalities only for a few key presses, the GPIO pins/I2C interface can be used and the GPIF/slave FIFO interface can be used for the audio functions.

Best regards,
Srinath S