CAN Communication using FM4-176L-S6E2CC-ETH board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to stablish communication between my Kvaser Leaf Light HS CAN tool and my FM4-176L-S6E2CC board through a CAN-BUS shield V2.0 by seeds but it does not seem to work. I saw a tutorial in where they stablish CAN Communication Between FM4-S6E2Gx Series and PSoC® 4 M-Series Using CY8CKIT- 026 CAN. For the CY8CKIT- 026 CAN they are inputting RX0_0 and TX0_0 (Corresponding to CN10_3 and CN7_9) directly from the cypress to CAN_TX and CAN_RX on CY8CKIT- 026 CAN. Nevertheless, for CAN-BUS shield V2.0 those pins (CAN_TX and CAN_RX) are not possible to input, and they are generated through an MCP2515 that receives MISO,MOSI,SCK and SS (Which are possible to input). I tried same connections using an Arduino UNO and it perfectly works so I am wondering if:

- Is it actually possible to connect the Arduino Shield to S6E2CC boards series? I assuming that it is possible since the board is defined as "Arduino uno compatible".

- The folder where I took the main.c had a readme.txt saying that you should connect pins RX0 and TX0 to CANH and CANL. Does it mean that the board itself can generate CAN communication without any CAN transceiver?

- Until what extent can I run examples from S6E2GM series in  S6E2CC series board? Both are using PDL 2.1 and the only differences seems to be their microprocessor power.

Any help would be really appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply
harshadap_76
Employee
Employee
First like received

Hi Eduardo,

Please find below comments:

- Is it actually possible to connect the Arduino Shield to S6E2CC boards series? I assuming that it is possible since the board is defined as "Arduino uno compatible".

---> Yes you can use Arduino shield with S6E2CC boards.

- The folder where I took the main.c had a readme.txt saying that you should connect pins RX0 and TX0 to CANH and CANL. Does it mean that the board itself can generate CAN communication without any CAN transceiver?

--> Could you please send the readme text here? S6E2CC doesn't have CAN tranciever. You need to use a transceiver explicitly. The example code uses CY8CKIT- 026 as tranciever.

- Until what extent can I run examples from S6E2GM series in  S6E2CC series board? Both are using PDL 2.1 and the only differences seems to be their microprocessor power.

--> You may have to check the CAN pins of S6E2GM in the datasheet if they match the CAN pins used in S6E2CC.

The code flow is same.

Please feel free to update for any query.

Regards

Harshada

0 Likes