PSoC 6 BLE peripheral advertising multiple profiles

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
KaSi_1722081
Level 1
Level 1

How can I get PSoC6 BLE component to advertise multiple profiles in peripheral role?

Each profile has it's own advertisement and scan response data and the GATT DB is composed of services of those profiles.

Starting off CE217637, I added another peripheral configuration (see screenshot attached) in the BLE component.

In AppCallBack() case CY_BLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_DISCONNECTED, added the line to start advertising for this newly added peripheral configuration.

Cy_BLE_GAPP_StartAdvertisement(CY_BLE_ADVERTISING_FAST, 1).

When the program is run, the above API does not return.

I am new to PSoC-6, hence appreciate the help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach

Hello Karthikeyan,

Q1- I don't understand why it is necessary to disconnect and re-connect the device to hit the second breakpoint.

Ans- Second breakpoint is in CY_BLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_DISCONNECTED event so this event will be generated only when device gets disconnected.

Q2- However, I don't see the BLE advertising if I just program the PSoC with the application binary and hit reset. (no JTAG debugging involved).

Ans- Could you please check with the project which I attached (CE217637_BLE_Find_Me02.cywrk.Archive0) with CySmart App.

Q3- Can you see the "Find Me Target" device on BLE scanner apps like Lightblue after flash programming?

Ans- I'm able to getting the "Find Me Target" device. Could you please check with CySmart App. We have to process the events continuously by calling Cy_BLE_ProcessEvents(); please remove the while(1) in your project as shown in image.

Q4- I also have the Frontline BPA BLE sniffer and I don't see the advertisements from this PSoC kit on it either.

Ans-  Could you please send some screenshots on the observations.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Karthikeyan,

At my end, i'm able to advertising with multiple peripheral configurations. Can you please share your project so that we can check.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello Yugandhar,

I'll upload my project tomorrow. Could you please upload yours as a

reference.?

Thanks

Karthikeyan

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello Karthikeyan,

Please refer the below attached project.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello Yugandhar,

When I build and debug the project you provided, the program does not hit these breakpoints after entering Cy_BLE_ProcessEvents()

pastedImage_0.png

Please find my project attached to the original post.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello Karthikeyan,

Please refer the attached images. When you start debugging, the program will hit the first breakpoint as shown in Stack_ON.PNG image. After that resume the execution in PSoC Creator and in the Cysmart please connect and disconnect the device then the program will hit the second breakpoint as shown in Disconnected.PNG.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello Yugandhar,

I don't understand why it is necessary to disconnect and re-connect the device to hit the second breakpoint.

However, I don't see the BLE advertising if I just program the PSoC with the application binary and hit reset. (no JTAG debugging involved).

Can you see the "Find Me Target" device on BLE scanner apps like Lightblue after flash programming?

I also have the Frontline BPA BLE sniffer and I don't see the advertisements from this PSoC kit on it either.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello Karthikeyan,

Q1- I don't understand why it is necessary to disconnect and re-connect the device to hit the second breakpoint.

Ans- Second breakpoint is in CY_BLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_DISCONNECTED event so this event will be generated only when device gets disconnected.

Q2- However, I don't see the BLE advertising if I just program the PSoC with the application binary and hit reset. (no JTAG debugging involved).

Ans- Could you please check with the project which I attached (CE217637_BLE_Find_Me02.cywrk.Archive0) with CySmart App.

Q3- Can you see the "Find Me Target" device on BLE scanner apps like Lightblue after flash programming?

Ans- I'm able to getting the "Find Me Target" device. Could you please check with CySmart App. We have to process the events continuously by calling Cy_BLE_ProcessEvents(); please remove the while(1) in your project as shown in image.

Q4- I also have the Frontline BPA BLE sniffer and I don't see the advertisements from this PSoC kit on it either.

Ans-  Could you please send some screenshots on the observations.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes