how to stream using ov7670?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaLa_1789541
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

Hello,

I am using cypress fx3s, i want to stream from ov7670 camera module.

Please tell step by step process to create video stream.

I have created project using example AN75779. the project is configured for 16 bit y:cb:cr input.

and the ov7670 supports only 8bits so what are the changes should be done in an75779 example?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- Modify the sensor initialization functions to suit your image sensor.

- In case the image format/ resolution/ frame format is different from the one used in the application note, modify the descriptor information and the glProbeCtrl[] structure to suit your setup.

- Modify the GPIF II state machine to 16-bit.

- Change the LD_DATA_COUNT and LD_ADDR_COUNT values to 8183 since the bus width is 16-bit wide and generate the .h file to be included in your project.

- In case you are using UART or SPI blocks in your design, make sure that the pins used for GPIF II and UART/SPI blocks are not overlapping. Kindly, refer to the "Pin Descriptions" section of the FX3 Datasheet for details.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- Modify the sensor initialization functions to suit your image sensor.

- In case the image format/ resolution/ frame format is different from the one used in the application note, modify the descriptor information and the glProbeCtrl[] structure to suit your setup.

- Modify the GPIF II state machine to 16-bit.

- Change the LD_DATA_COUNT and LD_ADDR_COUNT values to 8183 since the bus width is 16-bit wide and generate the .h file to be included in your project.

- In case you are using UART or SPI blocks in your design, make sure that the pins used for GPIF II and UART/SPI blocks are not overlapping. Kindly, refer to the "Pin Descriptions" section of the FX3 Datasheet for details.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes