PSOC Creator won't install

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to install PSOC Creator 4.2, although the same thing happens when I try to install 4.1.  The installer gets through all the components and then immediately starts to uninstall.  The installer then prompts that the installation was interrupted.

pastedImage_0.png

There is perhaps some clue in the Windows application log.

pastedImage_1.png

I'm not sure what to do next to try and get PSOC Creator to install.

0 Likes
5 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Navigate to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features:

Uninstall all PSoC Creator versions that you have installed. As an additional check, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ and check if you have any folder called Cypress. If it exists, make sure you delete it too.

Now download the installer present at this link: http://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-creator-integrated-design-environment-ide

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This did not work.  The install followed the same process it did before of nearly completing and then rolling back the entire install leaving me without PSOC Creator installed.

0 Likes

I think there is some software interrupting your install. Please check if any anti virus software or firewall is obstructing it. Disable them and then try.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not have any additional firewalls or antivirus installed besides the built in Windows Defender which is disabled.

0 Likes
0 Likes