Reading I2C data from MAX17043 with PSoC 4 CY046 issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

I need help regarding making MAX17043 to work with my PSoC CY046. So I have some initial code based from this reference which uses arduino instead.

Here is the snippet code that I have derived based from that but the problem is like this:

So I have been trying to read the configuration of MAX17043 with my PSoC device but I can't get anything from its buffer. On the other hand, I have tried using arduino with the given library for MAX17043 instead and it works well. Another thing is I have tried to create a dummy slave using arduino to check if PSoC was able to communicate with it and it looks working well as I see received and response data in serial monitor of arduino. So I'm not sure what could be wrong with this.

My I2C settings was:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

I've just browse some Arduino pages, and it seems that they have internal pull-up so Arduino

does not require pull-ups for SCL and SDA, but usual MCUs require them.

So how about put 2.2K~10K pull-up resistors between SCL and VDD, SDA and VDD

in case you have not done so?

Meantime, if you've done it, I'm sorry for bothering you.

moto

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I've just browse some Arduino pages, and it seems that they have internal pull-up so Arduino

does not require pull-ups for SCL and SDA, but usual MCUs require them.

So how about put 2.2K~10K pull-up resistors between SCL and VDD, SDA and VDD

in case you have not done so?

Meantime, if you've done it, I'm sorry for bothering you.

moto

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you very much for response and are those resistors are internal or external? Because I don't think I can do that since the MAX17043 was already soldered in the board so any alternatives for this? Like anything that I can modify in .cysch file? Thank you.

Best Regards,

Kydo

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9

Dear Kydo-san,

Usually those pull-ups are external.

Can you access the scl and sda pins of PSoC 4 on the board?

Then you can solder resistors between those pins and VDD.

Best Regards,

25-Oct-2018

Motoo Tanaka

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tanaka-san,

Thanks actually for the first answer, I was able to get some clues like Showing I2C pins in the designer then attaching a pull-up bidirectional pin and it works but the thing is, we may need really to put an external pull-up to the other board(CY483) that does not allow that option. So once again thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards,

Kydo

MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Kydo-san,

> Thanks actually for the first answer, I was able to get some clues like Showing I2C pins in the designer then attaching a pull-up bidirectional pin and it works but the thing is, we may need really to put an external pull-up to the other board(CY483) that does not allow that option.

I also went up to showing pins with I2C module, but I could not be sure if we can pull them up.

So thank you very much for your testing and letting us know the result.

Best Regards,

25-Oct-2018

Motoo Tanaka

0 Likes