FX2LP, avalilable as bridge chip between USB and I2C

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We are considering use CY7C68013A-56LTXI as bridge chip between USB and I2C interface.

However, we are thinking of impossible to use like this because this chip is basically use GPIF as data line from FPGA or ASIC.

Please let me know if we can do I want.

Best regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

FX2LP has got the I2C hardware block and can be used as an USB-I2C bridge. When used as USB-GPIF bridge, the slave FIFO buffers of the FX2LP are used whereas when it is used as an interface between USB and I2C, register level data transfers take place. For I2C transfers, the APIs in the EZUSB.LIB can be used. For example I2C reads/writes, refer to the Vend_Ax example firmware that comes with the CY3684 DVK.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

FX2LP has got the I2C hardware block and can be used as an USB-I2C bridge. When used as USB-GPIF bridge, the slave FIFO buffers of the FX2LP are used whereas when it is used as an interface between USB and I2C, register level data transfers take place. For I2C transfers, the APIs in the EZUSB.LIB can be used. For example I2C reads/writes, refer to the Vend_Ax example firmware that comes with the CY3684 DVK.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes