CYW4343W / BCM4343W Firmware ROM Patch

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GuLi_1398161
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hello,

We're running a i.MX6 system using CYW4343W/BCM4343W chipset. I'm hoping some of the issues we are seeing in BT are due to old firmware available. Can Cypress provide latest firmware patch and information to configure/download it to the device so we can test whether this resolves our issues?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Which module vendor?  They typically provide user guides and detailed docs for their Linux implementation.

I will also have the local Cypress/Distribution team reach out to you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Have you contacted the manufacture of the module?  Murata, Inventek, Laird, USI, etc?

For Linux DHD implementations, we normally work directly through them to provide firmware patches for their specific Linux release or via the Linux standard release NXP provides for i.MX

0 Likes

Have not yet, but will do that.

Is there any information available about this in app notes?

Sometimes the vendors have a delay in their releases.

0 Likes

Which module vendor?  They typically provide user guides and detailed docs for their Linux implementation.

I will also have the local Cypress/Distribution team reach out to you.

0 Likes

In this case it is LSR, but we sometimes do custom designs or use modules from Murata and others.

Ultimately the way to program the device is not related to module vendor since it's standard process and firmware file (with sometimes some slight adjustments depending on the module configuration).

Thank you.

0 Likes