cyusb_linux not flashing to EEPROM and SPI Flash

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The control center counterpart for Linux which is cyusb_linux binary is not able to flash the image (.img file) to EEPROM and SPI Flash. It shows "Error in Download" as a message box and in the status bar it shows "Error: Could not find target device" ! However, it is able to flash to RAM successfully.

I have used the same CX3 board for flashing to RAM, EEPROM and SPI Flash from Windows without any problems!

Can you please help me why this is not able to flash to EEPROM and SPI Flash memory from Linux.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

The issue is solved in the meantime.

We had a faulty connector to the hub, which caused some devices to be inaccessible.

Sorry for blaming your software!

kind regards,
Rens

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please attach the screen-shot for us to see.Please make sure that you are selecting the device and type correctly. We have tested it to work fine. Which Linux version are you using?

I am also attaching the next version of cyusb_linux, if you like, you can try this as well.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nishant,

I went through the control center code. For I2C & SPI , it is sending some command to the board from the Qt source fx3_download.cpp. Function check_fx3_flashprog() after sending that command, it compares with string "FX3PROG" which is not happening with CX3 board (i can see "Current device is not the FX3 flash programmer" output on the console).

Is this correct? Please comment what change shall I make in this code to make it work for CX3 (Denebola) board also.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nishant,

I am using Ubuntu 16.04. I tried the binary you attached. Still, same result. Only loading to RAM works!!

Please note that I am using CX3 (Denebola Kit).  Screenshots are attached.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am facing same problem.  In check_fx3_flashprog(),  The function call "cyusb_control_transfer(handle, 0xC0, 0xB0, 0, 0, (unsigned char *)local, 8, VENDORCMD_TIMEOUT);" returns -9 [ LIBUSB_ERROR_PIPE ].  Any Solution?

Thanks in advance,

Sankareswari D

0 Likes
rebac_3514301
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Hi,

Is there any solution in the meantime?

Kind regards,

Rens

0 Likes

New FX3 SDK 1.3.4 has been released to the web. Please install the same and repeat the test.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

0 Likes

I used cyusb_linux 1.0.5. Do i have to install the entire SDK to be able to flash to SPI? I have only installed cyusb_linux. Everything works fine up to the point that I try to flash to SPI. Flashing to RAM works.

Kind regards,
Rens

0 Likes

Hi Rens,

Can you please check if the bootprogrammer enumerated successfully?

Hi,

The issue is solved in the meantime.

We had a faulty connector to the hub, which caused some devices to be inaccessible.

Sorry for blaming your software!

kind regards,
Rens

0 Likes

Hi,

We are still having issues with the cyusb_linux tool.

I am using cyusb_linux 1.0.5.

When flashing to RAM it works perfectly, the bootprogrammer enumerates succesfully.

The moment I try to flash to SPI, I get the error "SPI sector erase failed"

We have tried 6 different laptops in the meantime, on 3 of them it is working in the meantime, however we have no clue as to why.

This does prove that our hardware is working fine, since it flashes in a stable manner on the laptops on which the tool works.

Could you please inform me if there are some dependencies which I am overlooking for using cyusb_linux?

Kind regards,
Rens

0 Likes