CYBLE-224110-00 with OTA Upgradable Stack

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FaBi_2763241
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

I am using CYBLE-224110-00 BLE module on a custom pcb with an application and the OTA upgradable stack in the Creator workspace.

The BLE component in the application is set at -6dBm tx power, and in the firmware  the PA/LNA is set in high power Mode in the BLE CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON.

Shall these settings be applied to the BLE component in the Upgradable Stack project or bypass the PA/LNA?

The problem is: while switching to OTA bootloader, the device is not shown advertising by the Android client app, but it is detected normally when running the application. So there must be some issue with the tx settings while using the BLE component from the OTA upgrade firmware.

What is advisable to configure the BLE and PA/LNA for the OTA side?

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution

You need to configure the  CSD/CPS pins as mentioned in Table #10 of the Module datasheet for bypass mode.

Then you can set the TX power to whatever possible value you want and your device will transmit data at that power level.

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

You need to enable PA/LNA in both Stack and Application Project.

-Gyan

0 Likes

Hello,

I see. And if I want work in bypass mode for the PA/LNA in both projects I would reset the tx_power to 0dBm in the BLE settings in place of

-6dBm, right?

0 Likes

You need to configure the  CSD/CPS pins as mentioned in Table #10 of the Module datasheet for bypass mode.

Then you can set the TX power to whatever possible value you want and your device will transmit data at that power level.

-Gyan

0 Likes