Cannot compile Denebola RDK firmware (SDK ver 1.3.3)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI

I got Denebola RDK from e-con. Its working fine with default firmware, can see picture in Windows, Mac and Linux (Ubuntu 16). Now Im trying to modify the firmware to add support for external I2C sensor. I downloaded and installed Cypress "FX3 SDK ver 1.3.4"  for windows, after installation I opened e-con custom firmware and tried to compile to make sure everting was Ok, but I got the following error:

pastedImage_4.png

I went back and loaded one of cypress firmware examples that came along with the installation, they compile successfully.

Then I went and installed cypress SDK 1.3.4 in Mac and Linux and I got similar error (PATH variables configured correctly, following installation document):

pastedImage_2.png

once again I tried compiling cypress sample code and it compiled successfully.

I noticed e-con firmware is developed using FX3 SDK ver 1.3.3 and its calling different toolchain, I tried to download this older sdk installation on cypress site but they only have sample FW code for older SDKs not toolchain, there is a notice saying older code can be compiled with latest sdk toolchain.

can you help me to figure out how to compile e-con sample FW using latest cypress SDK? or may be how to get older SDK toolchain?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Omar,

Could you please upload the firmware project for cross checking?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this? actually can some provide FX3 SDK ver 1.3.3 installer so I can try again with this?

thanks

0 Likes

Hi Omar,

Could you please upload the firmware project for cross checking?

0 Likes

Do you have any update?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi yyca

On windows i was able to resolve this problem by removing the PATH variable from "C/C++ Build --> environment" setting. Now the project only has 'CWD ' and 'PWD' variable and its compiling successfully. Havent been able to resolve this issue for linux or Mac though...

regards

0 Likes

cs-make is the windows tools instead of Linux or Mac. You should rename the cs-make to make when you use Linux.

0 Likes