Issue with WICED 3.1.2 FreeRTOS-LwIP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We want to use  the FreeRTOS-LwIP to reduce the memory.  In SDK 3.1.2, our application built for ThreadX-NetX runs well. But the same application buit for FreeRTOS-LwIP can't run.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

My environment was a bit mixed up with old SDK 3.1.2, now it works fine.. thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

The "application can't run" is way too generic. Any specifics about the failure so that we can try to help?

Seyhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Do you mean doesn't run or doesn't compile? WICED 3.1.2 had a bug in building for FreeRTOS which was patched here WICED 3.1.2 Fix for FreeRTOS with LwIP

Regards,

Bassem

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I can compile the same application using FreeRTOS + LWIP, but when it comes up running, the application hangs up/freeze after the wifi group owner starts. Our application is a wifi direct application with 3 threads.

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Below is the output from window terminal. the "Starting registrar in PBC mode" never finished.

Creating p2p app worker thread

Network ready IP: 192.168.10.1

P2P result: group owner

Connection Request from:  8A:A7:3C:C1:47:BC     BLU STUDIO6.0HD

Start the WPS registrar using the following command: 'p2p_registrar_start pbc'

Starting registrar in PBC mode

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Our project was stuck in this issue. Can you investigate this ASAP?

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this problem happen in your test setup with the FreeRTOS/LwIP build of the console app that ships with SDK 3.1.2? If it does please attach a sniffer trace and we'll take a look. It doesn't happen in our test setup but it may be something to do with you test client device.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

No. I can compile and run the console app in SDK 3.1.2 using the make target "test.console-ISM43362_M3G_L44-FreeRTOS-LwIP-SDIO download run".  It works fine when I use  following console commads

1. Starting a persistent group called DIRECT-test with WPA2 passphrase 12345678 on channel 1 using the command below

p2p_go_start p test 12345678 1

From Wi-Fi Direct settings on my Samusang Galaxy 3 tablet, I can see "WICED_P2P device". Once I tap the  "WICED_P2P device" on the tablet and the tablet can connect to  "WICED_P2P device" after I type 'p2p_registrar_start pbc.

Now the problem is our wifi direct app with two TCP socket creation built for ThreadX-NetX runs well. But the same application buit for FreeRTOS-LwIP got the reboot after our app tries to connect the two TCP sockets on the WICED device.  It seems that the problem is related to two socket connections. Also I note that there is no output from windows terminal using WPRINT_APP_INFO() statement. But the make target "test.console-ISM43362_M3G_L44 download run" can get the output.

Thanks

0 Likes

We will release SDK3.3.1 soon.  We will see if that resolves this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am also using FreeRTOS+LwIP for the same reason on our application, but found some issues while ThreadX+NetX runs well. When are you going to release the new SDK?

Many thanks,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you describe the detail of issues you encountered?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am just going to work on WICED-SDK-3.1.2, so did basic tests on the given targets unmodified before using them. One different for example, after AP started, LwIP does not response to ping while NetX does.

Thanks,

1. test.console-BCM943362WCD4-ThreadX-NetX-SPI download run

Starting WICED v3.1.2

Platform BCM943362WCD4 initialised

Started ThreadX v5.6

Initialising NetX v5.5_sp1

Creating Packet pools

WWD SPI interface initialised

WLAN MAC Address : 44:39:C4:31:88:3B

WLAN Firmware    : wl0: Nov  7 2014 16:04:33 version 5.90.230.12 FWID 01-8c159cef

Console app

> start_ap abcd wpa2_aes 123456789 3

IPv4 network ready IP: 192.168.0.1

> ping 192.168.0.1

PING 192.168.0.1

Ping Reply 1ms

2. test.console-BCM943362WCD4-FreeRTOS-LwIP-SPI download run

Starting WICED v3.1.2

Platform BCM943362WCD4 initialised

Started FreeRTOS v7.5.2

Initialising LwIP v1.4.0.rc1

WWD SPI interface initialised

WLAN MAC Address : 44:39:C4:31:88:3B

WLAN Firmware    : wl0: Nov  7 2014 16:04:33 version 5.90.230.12 FWID 01-8c159ced

Console app

> start_ap abcd wpa2_aes 123456789 3

Network ready IP: 192.168.0.1

> ping 192.168.0.1

PING 192.168.0.1

Ping timeout

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gangi,

I've just got SDK3.3.1, thank you, but WICED IDE does not invoke "C:\Program Files (x86)\WICED\WICED_IDE\eclipse_win64.exe" installed by WICED-SDK-3.3.1-IDE-Installer.exe. It works fine if I reinstall the old one by WICED-SDK-3.1.2-IDE-Installer.exe on my 64-bit Windows 7 PC.

If I change the eclipse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\WICED\WICED_IDE\eclipse_win32.exe", WICED IDE could work, but following errors,

15:11:08 **** Build of configuration Default for project WICED-SDK ****

"C:\\....\\WICED\\WICED-SDK-3.3.1\\WICED-SDK\\make.exe" clean

Cannot run program "C:\.....\WICED\WICED-SDK-3.3.1\WICED-SDK\make.exe": Launching failed

But the make.exe is in C:\Users\ATIV9\Documents\WICED\WICED-SDK-3.3.1\WICED-SDK-3.3.1, different path.

After making those hot fixing, WICED-SDK-3.1.2-IDE works fine too for my environment.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My environment was a bit mixed up with old SDK 3.1.2, now it works fine.. thank you.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gangi,

I have just privately applied the latest stable LwIP version 1.4.1 downloaded from http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lwip.git/snapshot/STABLE-1_4_1.tar.gz to your latest WICED SDK 3.3.1 since LwIP v1.4.0.rc1 is not the final official one. Please find the attached to be committed if someone desires this... just merged,, not fully tested yet..!!

0 Likes