When to use wlan power save in an application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
aktac_3789331
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Support,

I want to use the module CYW43907AEVAL1F in the power save mode with WLAN connection and TCP transfer going on. And I want the lowest power possible.

I went through the API guide and go to know that to use the API wiced_wifi_enable_powersave(); we need to make sure the below thing:

Warning

: An accurate 32kHz clock reference must be connected to the WLAN sleep clock input pin while the WLAN chip

is in power save mode! Failure to meet this requirement will result in poor WLAN performance The sleep clock

reference is typically configured in the file: <WICED-SDK>/include/platforms/<PLATFORM_NAME>/platform.h

And also I need to use wiced_platform_mcu_enable_powersave() for enabling in MCU.

But I did not find the information in the above-given file. Can you please tell me how to confirm the clock reference to WLAN from the host. Here in CYW43907AEVAL1F module both host MCU and WLAN chips are from the cypress only I guess. I am attaching the API reference guide  that I followed.

Thanks,

Akash

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi:

From the code the difference is to set different PM mode like PM=1 or PM=2 .

The different PM modes define different power behavior, we usually used PM=2 on some customer cases.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

hello:

if you want a power save with TCP through going on station mode , we have one function interface:

wwd_wifi_enable_powersave_with_throught()  //wwd_wifi.c

Hello Zhez,

Thanks for the reply.

What will be the difference in terms of current consumption if I use wiced_wifi_enable_powersave() and wwd_wifi_enable_powersave_with_throught()?

Can't I use the API wiced_wifi_enable_powersave() directly?

Thanks

Akash

0 Likes

Hi:

From the code the difference is to set different PM mode like PM=1 or PM=2 .

The different PM modes define different power behavior, we usually used PM=2 on some customer cases.