Hello Client multi-slave connection problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm running the Hello Client app on my BCM92073X_LE_KIT to connect two WICED Sense tags which run Hello Sensor. The kit connects to client application (LightBlue on Macbook) and 1st sense tag successfully but gets failed to connect the 2nd tag. I also find once I try to connect the 2nd tag, the connection between 1st tag and kit become unstable. Sometimes the notification is not sent from 1st tag to kit. From the trace I see the two connections keep up and down and the disconnection reason is 0x8. I'm unable to make my kit connect to more than two slaves. I follow the test steps and didn't change any code. Is there anything I missed to make it work?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kevin,

I got it. The Scatter-Net works on LE Kits but doesn't work on WICED Sense tag. Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Below is a good blog by our app engineer on the simultaneous master/slave role.

Testing Master and Slave Roles

May I suggest that you skip the portion on the connection with LightBlue, and see whether can you connect to just the two sense tags (hello_sensor)....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Boont,

Thanks for your information. I follow the steps but it still doesn't work. Do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would try not connecting your hello_client to lightblue first.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi kwang,

I try it but it still doesn't work. The behavior is still the same that 2nd connection is up and down immediately. All the information I have is the disconnection reason 0x8. Is there anything I can double check from trace if something wrong?

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Hsichung,

Unfortunately, the scenario you are referring to is a Scatter-Net implementation which we do not support on the LE Kit with respect to the WICED Sense Kit.

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi jt,

Thanks for this important message. Just wondering does it work if I use three LE kits(One master and two slaves)? 

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hsinchungchen,

It should work with 3 tag3, by default hello_client is set to 4, but I believe you can set up to 7

my tera terms

two slaves.PNG

Though you most likely won't be able to get it working on the WICED Sense, here is a response by victorz on what disconnect reason 08 means Re: DiscReason 08

-Kevin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your quick reply. Is "tag3" another kits or typo? I try 3 tags also but it doesn't work. Do you mean there is some timing issues in the hello_client sample code? Does it work if I use LE kits?

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hsinchungchen,

This the TAG3 board WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG3 Board) which you are referring to when you say the LE kits. I was just showing the debug traces which show that they are connected, I have previously bonded the devices so you won't see that smp bond 03, however if you look at the bottom tera term (hello_client), it shows the found service, no discoverable high conn, if you go into the hello_client code, you can see that it is called on connection with hello_sensor. 

-Kevin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kevin,

I got it. The Scatter-Net works on LE Kits but doesn't work on WICED Sense tag. Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

0 Likes