BCM20732 packets per connection interval

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to use BCM20732 with BlueZ stack on linux (I want to connect it directly by UART), but I am wondering if that chip allows me to have high throughput.

Does that chip allow to receive more than one packet per connection interval? My peripheral solution transmits 6packets(notifications) x 20bytes/connection.

If yes, how many packets are available? Or maybe it is limited by memory size?

best regards,

Wojtek

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The entire BCM2073XS family includes an onboard BLE stack in ROM (profiles and peripheral drivers are also in ROM). It's not possible to use an external stack with this device.

You can however connect your Linux based processor to the device, either over the peripheral UART or the SPI port SPIFFY2 (see WICED™ Smart Hardware Interfaces)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The entire BCM2073XS family includes an onboard BLE stack in ROM (profiles and peripheral drivers are also in ROM). It's not possible to use an external stack with this device.

You can however connect your Linux based processor to the device, either over the peripheral UART or the SPI port SPIFFY2 (see WICED™ Smart Hardware Interfaces)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thank You for answer.

Maybe there is some other BLE solution that I can interface with linux with external stack? I really want to use BlueZ which seems to be linux standard right now.

0 Likes

You will need to find a BLE solution that provides an HCI interface that you will then integrate with your external processor/stack.  Unfortunately, we do not have any of these to offer here on the community website.  The BCM20702/04/07 are options, but these would require a traditional Broadcom engagement enabled through your local sales channel.

david_armour

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that seems to be an option. Do You know if that BCM20702 module supports more than 1packet/connection interval? That is really important for me, as I am using other module from Broadcom and I am limited to only 1 packet/connection interval, which is not acceptable for my product.

0 Likes

I do not know the answer.  Best bet is to engage with someone locally/regionally.

Distributors

I'm fairly certain that our 2073XS series can support. Take a look at the long characteristic sample

0 Likes