Should we use Cyusb.dll with VC# for a PSoC5 HID application?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiSt_296941
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

We currently have a VC# application using CyUSB.DLL to communicate with our PSoC5 based product.  It is configured as a Generic HID device.  I notice that the date on the DLL is very old.  Is this what we should be using?

We are having some issues:

1. Something seems to have a memory leak as the App crashes after about 48hrs of communication with our device (happens on multiple PCs).  Programmer is looking into it.

2. If the PC goes to sleep the App usually crashes when it wakes back up.  Programmer gave up looking for a fix for this!

Thanks,

Mike.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

CyUSB.dll is obsolete and we recommend you to use Windows HID libraries for your application.

Your application maybe crashing because of some issues we have seen in the past of running Visual Studio and PSoC Creator simultaneously. We are working on a fix though we cannot guarantee on any timeline.

We recommend you to use one IDE at a time for now.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

CyUSB.dll is obsolete and we recommend you to use Windows HID libraries for your application.

Your application maybe crashing because of some issues we have seen in the past of running Visual Studio and PSoC Creator simultaneously. We are working on a fix though we cannot guarantee on any timeline.

We recommend you to use one IDE at a time for now.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

OK, I will check with the software developer to see if he can figure out how to use the Windows HID libraries.

We are not running Creator and the SW application at the same time so that is not our issue.

Mike.

0 Likes

Just as a note, it looks like you're talking about the Windows HID Library as part of the UWP (Windows.Devices.HumanInterfaceDevice Namespace - UWP app developer | Microsoft Docs )?

Unfortunately UWP does not support Windows 7 or earlier, only 8 onwards.

If you're like me and still need to support legacy OS like XP/Vista/7, I've used HIDSharp which works in .NET framework versions as early as .NET 2.0

Thank you very much for the tip!!!

0 Likes