Is there a BLE HID Keyboard for the CY8CKIT-043?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaSt_1539621
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

I have a CY8CKIT-034 and I have soldered an EZ BLE module onto the board as per instructions.

I have several examples installed into the /PSoC Creator/4.2/Examples folder and one is the BLE HID Keyboard example. When I create a project from the Examples file and change the selected device to the CY8C4247AZI-M485 that's on the board, or if I create a BLE HID Keyboard from the File > Code Example, select he BLE HID Keyboard, and select Create Project I get the result below.

The errors refer me to the upgrade notices in the BLE documentation. They say if I am upgrading from v 1.0 to 2 or later I should check any referrences to CYBLE_EVT_GATTS_EXEC_WRITE_REQ, but when I search the project the only references I see to that are in the Generated Source:

Generated_Source\PSoC4\BLE_eventHandler.c - (line 2020, col 14): case CYBLE_EVT_GATTS_EXEC_WRITE_REQ:

Generated_Source\PSoC4\BLE_StackGattClient.h - (line 979, col 38): * GATT Server's end. This generates CYBLE_EVT_GATTS_EXEC_WRITE_REQ at the GATT

Generated_Source\PSoC4\BLE_StackGattClient.h - (line 1042, col 38): * GATT Server's end. This generates CYBLE_EVT_GATTS_EXEC_WRITE_REQ at the GATT

Generated_Source\PSoC4\BLE_StackGattClient.h - (line 1291, col 4): * CYBLE_EVT_GATTS_EXEC_WRITE_REQ at the GATT Server's end.

Generated_Source\PSoC4\BLE_Stack.h - (line 627, col 5): CYBLE_EVT_GATTS_EXEC_WRITE_REQ,

There are also some references to cy_m0s8_ble and bless_isr being mismatched, but I don't see those in any code or any way to adjust them through the GUI.

Is there a BLE HID Keyboard example that will work with the CY8CKIT-043, or is there a better stick-type kit with built-in debugger UART/USB bridge, that works better with a BLE HID Keyboard example?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

The Cypress EZ-BLE Module contains crystal oscillators, passive components, on-board chip or trace antennas, and a Cypress BLE chip, which includes the BLE radio, programmable analog and digital blocks, memory, and an ARM® Cortex®-M0 microcontroller. Here you soldered CY8CKIT-043 and EZ BLE module onto the board so you have to program on EZ-BLE Module(which contains the BLE Component) and CY8CKIT-043 will acts as a programmer. Please refer the EZ-BLE Module link for more details on EZ-BLE Module.

Can you please let us know which EZ BLE Module you are using?

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

You have to program in your EZ BLE module so in the PSoC Creator, Please select your EZ BLE module device in the device selector and then program.

BLE component is not compatible with selected device CY8C4247AZI-M485.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

I think I may be misunderstanding the terminology. Is the EZ BLE module not a BLE component? Would programming the EZ BLE module make it compatible with the CY8C4247AZI-M485 on the CY8CKIT-043? Are there particular features that I must program onto the EZ BLE module to make it compatible with the CY8CKIT-043? There is a footprint for the EZ BLE module on the CY8CKIT-043.

Are there any instructions that you could refer to that would make this CY8CKIT-043 work with the BLE HID Keyboard example?

Is there a kit with a built-in UART/USB bridge like this one but that would be better suited for creating a BLE HID Keyboard project?

0 Likes

Hello,

The Cypress EZ-BLE Module contains crystal oscillators, passive components, on-board chip or trace antennas, and a Cypress BLE chip, which includes the BLE radio, programmable analog and digital blocks, memory, and an ARM® Cortex®-M0 microcontroller. Here you soldered CY8CKIT-043 and EZ BLE module onto the board so you have to program on EZ-BLE Module(which contains the BLE Component) and CY8CKIT-043 will acts as a programmer. Please refer the EZ-BLE Module link for more details on EZ-BLE Module.

Can you please let us know which EZ BLE Module you are using?

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

I am using the CYBLE-022001-00 EZ BLE module, but I can order whichever is best for this application.

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please select the device(CYBLE-022001-00) in the device selector(as shown in below image) and then program.

pastedImage_2.png

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.