Interfacing FX3 cypress with BlueNrg1(BLE)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ThM_3776866
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given Welcome!

Hello all,

I am trying to interacting FX3 Cypress with BlueNrg1 board on I2C communication. is it possible to do this???

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

FX3 can only act as I2C master and not as slave. I find that the BlueNrg1 can act as either master or slave. So, if FX3 is used as the I2C master and BlueNrg1 as slave, it is feasible.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

FX3 can only act as I2C master and not as slave. I find that the BlueNrg1 can act as either master or slave. So, if FX3 is used as the I2C master and BlueNrg1 as slave, it is feasible.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Thanks for your Replay,

Yes sir, I made Cypress as master and BlueNrg1 as slave. But the given example in FX3 Sdk, Cypress only work with EEPROM I2C slave Device. but our BlueNrg1 salve have normal Reg read and write, there is no EEPROM memory.

1. Is it possible to use FX3 cypress as normal  data read/write in a Reg ( no EEPROM Operation)?.

2. is it possible to connect Cypress with flash slave device(like BlueNrg1) through I2C communication?.

0 Likes

Hello,

Answer to both your questions is yes.

- FX3 can act as I2C master for any I2C slave device. It is not specific to EEPROM memory.

- In case you are using the I2C in register mode, the CyU3PI2cTransmitBytes() API is used to send data to the I2C slave. The preamble structure of this API can be loaded with only the slave address and the direction of transfer in case your device does not have internal memory addressing.

Best regards,

Srinath S