CY7C65211 COM Port not detected in Windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

Sometimes my device does not get detected under the Ports section of device manager.  I only see it as USB-Serial (Single Channel) under USB Controllers.  I have to reboot Windows for it to be detected again.  If I only power off/on my device it will not get detected.  This happens with the Windows default driver or the Cypress driver for the COM Port.  Is this a problem with Windows?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Please let me know if the suggested changes in the schematic solved your issue.

EDIT: The following points are to be taken care when designing a board using USB-Serial IC.

- If 1.8V is used for VDDD (VCCIO), it is recommended to disable the internal regulator. This can be done by checking the "VDDD voltage is less than 2V" checkbox in the USB-Serial Configuration Utility.

- When VDDD is less than 2V, it is recommended to connect the VCCD pin to VDDD and not use a 1uF capacitor.

- Please ensure that you have ferrite bead on the VBUS pin of USB connector.

- It is necessary to connect the nXRES pin to a reset circuit. It can be an RC-based circuit. Please refer to the CYUSBS234 DVK hardware schematic file for reference.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- Please share the screenshot of the device manager when the issue occurs.

- Is the issue consistent or does it occur random?

- Also, mention if you are using the Cypress DVK or your own custom board.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

If I connect my device and let all the drivers load before removing, I don't see this problem.  If I quickly connect/disconnect 5 times within 3 seconds, I can produce this problem 100% of the time.  I am using my own board and the CY7C65211 PID is 0x00FB.  I don't see this problem on the CYUSBS234 dev kit.bad.png

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please share the schematics of your design? In case you feel it confidential, kindly, send it over the private message option.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let me know if the suggested changes in the schematic solved your issue.

EDIT: The following points are to be taken care when designing a board using USB-Serial IC.

- If 1.8V is used for VDDD (VCCIO), it is recommended to disable the internal regulator. This can be done by checking the "VDDD voltage is less than 2V" checkbox in the USB-Serial Configuration Utility.

- When VDDD is less than 2V, it is recommended to connect the VCCD pin to VDDD and not use a 1uF capacitor.

- Please ensure that you have ferrite bead on the VBUS pin of USB connector.

- It is necessary to connect the nXRES pin to a reset circuit. It can be an RC-based circuit. Please refer to the CYUSBS234 DVK hardware schematic file for reference.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

I am working on a new board design so it will take some time to try it.

Thanks.

0 Likes