PSoC Programmer error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm using the PSoC programmer on some custom boards with CY8C5868LTI-LP038.

I can program properly most of them.

However, for 2 of them I always get this error message:

"262144 FLASH bytes

Erase Succeeded

Programing of flash starting

Failled: Time out of SPC Polling

Lost communication with chip

Status=0x82"

For the other one the message ends with "Status=0x26".

I've inspected the 5 wire connection from the programmer to the board and every thing seems OK.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a hint of what these error codes mean, so I know what to look for.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Can you share the schematic of your board so that I can have a look? But since other boards are getting programmed correctly, I don't think the schematic has any problems. The two boards might be faulty which could be the only reasoning I can think of.

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

SPC Polling is one of the subroutines used to check if the SROM Command completed successfully or not which is an essential part of the programming specification. The timeout is 1 second. Your device isn't responding within the given time frame and hence is failing.

Please attach a screenshot of the PSoC Programmer window so that I can see the port settings and any other useful clues.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dheeraj,

Please see the attached imageprogrammer_error.jpg.

Not sure it's going to be very useful because I can program other boards all right, so the settings should be OK.

It's just these 2 boards that have this error and I couldn't find anything wrong with the layout, or checking with the scope the signals.

I was thinking to change the processor to see if this makes a difference.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes

Did you try upgrading the firmware under Utilities tab? Let me know your observations.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Can you share the schematic of your board so that I can have a look? But since other boards are getting programmed correctly, I don't think the schematic has any problems. The two boards might be faulty which could be the only reasoning I can think of.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes