PSoC6 BLE Mesh Support

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
haroc_2954161
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I've read through various discussions dating back to 2016 that the PSoC6 will eventually support the BLE Mesh standard, given its BLE 5.0 compliant.

When is it likely that the BLE Mesh support will be released for PSoC6 developers to use? Will Cypress be providing an accompanying demo project?

I'm currently using the Flood-Fill Mesh example for the PSoC4 for a current project, but I wish to use the new standard to future-proof my product. Also, I like the fact that the new standards mandates secured/encrypted connections.

Even trying to port the current PSoC4 mesh example to the new BLE Stack of the PSoC6 is causing me significant trouble.

PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day049_BLE_Mesh_Flood at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-...

Have also asked this in the PSoC6 Community

0 Likes
1 Solution

The first broad market Bluetooth device to support Sig Mesh will be the CYW20719.  This device will be released to the broad market in Q1'18 (WICED Studio 6.1). We are also pushing for support on the CYW20706. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Adding iym​ and vigo​ from the PSoC 6 Technical Marketing team.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes,I am also want to know whether the p6 can support the sig mesh.Btw,the cyw20706 can support the sig mesh,but i dont find anything documents about it in the offical website,so how can i to get these documents?

haroc_2954161
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I'd think that given the frequency at which this particular feature has been requested that Cypress would make it a priority them to provide it.

Was the PSoC6 not designed for meshed applications? Based on the blog post here it seems that Mesh functionality has always been a core consideration for this device - hence the mention to the 'best in class' power consumption.

Cypress Unveils New Bluetooth Low Energy Modules and Bluetooth Smart Mesh Demo at CES

If no documentation is available, even the source code for the example demonstration referenced in this article would be a tremendous help to all those curious.

The first broad market Bluetooth device to support Sig Mesh will be the CYW20719.  This device will be released to the broad market in Q1'18 (WICED Studio 6.1). We are also pushing for support on the CYW20706. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

can i get something documents about cyw20719 in the offical website?

0 Likes

Not yet.  Q1'18 for the masses.  If you think you may qualify as an early adopter, reach out to your local CY distribution and sales teams.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok,i got it.thanks for your reply.

0 Likes

We're working on adding support for PSoC 6 and PSoC 4 BLE devices. It will be made available to our customers in the coming quarters.

Thanks,

Pushek

pmad

Check out https://www.zephyrproject.org/announcing-bluetooth-mesh-support-in-zephyr-project/ which is supporting mesh and could be a great option if the psoc 6 BLE radio part is open.

more: Bluetooth — Zephyr Project Documentation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any updates regarding mesh support on PSoC6? Are there alternatives that support BLE mesh and touch?

Thanks

0 Likes

I was at the Del Mar Electronics show and they said the PSOC 6 would not ever support mesh . 

Only the WICED line.  

They have no modules for PSOC 6.

They didn't event show up for the last day of Del Mar Electronics show. 

I have three projects going that could use that part.    I started them with psoc 4 so it would be easy.

They had some big meeting and the presentation was done by the second team.   Look like they are trying to get everyone to switch to the wiced line they bought from Broadcom

If I am wrong then enlighten me. 

Nice demo board.

IMG_4726.JPG

Empty Booth at Del Mar Electronics Show.

0 Likes

Currently, we support Mesh under WICED 6.2.1 (preview version) and ModusToolboox 1.1, BT SDK (full BT Sig Version with all profiles)

The CYW20819 under ModusToolbox 1.1 is what we prefer customers use for new mesh designs.

Today, we do not support mesh on P6, but things could change.

The new PSoC 6 BLE module is here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/cyble-416045-02-ez-ble-creator-module

0 Likes