My CYUSBS234 will not register as COM1, or 2, or... How to fix this problem?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mikic_3745566
Level 1
Level 1

Will this device work OK under Win10 (64bit)?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Please uninstall the device from the device manager and manually bind the device to the cyusb3.sys driver, the latest version is available with the FX3 SDK. Please let us know if the device does not come up under the PORTS section as well?

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Please let us know if you have configured the device for UART interface? Please attach a screenshot of the device manager on connecting the device.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Sanm:

Thanks. Please see the attached screen-shots.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please uninstall the device from the device manager and manually bind the device to the cyusb3.sys driver, the latest version is available with the FX3 SDK. Please let us know if the device does not come up under the PORTS section as well?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

I had previously installed the software for the CYUSBKIT-003 SuperSpeed Explorer kit. After I uninstalled all software for both the CYUSBS234 and CYUSBKIT-003 SuperSpeed Explorer, I then re-installed the software for only the CYUSBS234 kit …then everything worked OK. I really don’t know how to explain why this happened.

Thanks,

Mike K.

0 Likes