Iterfacing FX3 Cypress with BLE on I2C communication.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ThM_3776866
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given Welcome!

Hello all,

I am working on Cypress project, i need to interface cypress with BlueNrg1(BLE) through I2C communication, But cypress showing error message of 74. Is it possible to interface cypress with BLE by I2C communication?.

I Have doubt on Cypress source code of Reg Mode and i attached screen shot also.

1. Whats is Byte Address in source code?.

2. is slave device should have EEPROM for I2C communication?.

0 Likes
1 Solution
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi

According to the description given in API Guide "All I2C data transfers start with a preamble where the first byte contains the slave address and the direction of transfer. The preamble can optionally contain other bytes where device specific address values or other commands

are sent to the slave device."

For I2C transfer you need slave address and directiion of transfer, rest all other bits are optional. The example code that you are referring to is designed for EEPROM hence it contains ByteAddress. For more info you can refer to section 4.31.1 of API guide.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi

According to the description given in API Guide "All I2C data transfers start with a preamble where the first byte contains the slave address and the direction of transfer. The preamble can optionally contain other bytes where device specific address values or other commands

are sent to the slave device."

For I2C transfer you need slave address and directiion of transfer, rest all other bits are optional. The example code that you are referring to is designed for EEPROM hence it contains ByteAddress. For more info you can refer to section 4.31.1 of API guide.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes

Thanks for your Replay,

I did not get any API guide of cypress. Please send me link of where the API guide document is Present.

0 Likes

Hi,

API guide comes with the FX3SDK installation. Please check the following path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware".

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes

Thanks for your Replay,

This is very helpful for me. Thank you Abhinav sir.

The Given API and Example are EEPROM Slave device, but i am using Flash memory slave device (BlueNrg1) here there is no EEPROM read/write operation.

Give me suggestion for how to interface Cypress board with flash slave device through I2C communication.

1. Is it possible?

2. Is separate API's are there for I2C communication (Non-EEPROM slave device)?.

Thanks & Regards

Thrimurthi M

0 Likes

Hai all,

is it possible to use 8 bit data bus GPIF II interface?

0 Likes

Hai all,

is it possible to use 8 bit data bus GPIF II interface?

srntmadyshashank.rebbapragadabroadcomwiced-admin

0 Likes

Hi,

Yes it is possible to use 8, 16, 24, & 32 bits GPIF data bus width.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes