How to get usable HEX firmware from another one PSoC?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSoC Programmer read firmware to LOG.TXT file. It has strange format for such purpose. Also I translate this text to .BIN (with plain flash-firmware inside). But after convert with intel bin2hex program I get .HEX, that doesn't complete for put firmware back to the another PSoC (I know now, what were is need some additional fields with CRC and etc.)

Is there exist a direct way to use this readed firmware again?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no need to change the format if you are using the PSoC programmer software. 

When you say use hex file from another one? What does that mean? Do you want to program it to another chip with the same number or you want to program another chip which is a different number?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no need to change the format if you are using the PSoC programmer software. 

When you say use hex file from another one? What does that mean? Do you want to program it to another chip with the same number or you want to program another chip which is a different number?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to program firmware from another one DevKit to my own (both has C8C3866AXI-40, with different serial number, probably). For a last purpose want universal HEX firmware, which wouldn't be protected by serial number (as in examples, thats fits to all).

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

At now have this results (log.txt, bin, intel-hex from bin).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like you copy the content of a chip and program that to another chip. 

I think you do not have the original software. or not he original hex file. 

If you check the hex file produced by Creator, you should find there are more data than the hex file you have. You need those data for programming of a PSoC. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I do not have original software. I know that here there should be additional data.

How to complete HEX? Is were any way to do it (by hands, or soft)?

I have slightly read cypress hex format annotation. I sure, that I can do it, but it requires more time. May be it can be more easy?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We already have an App note how this can be achived. Have checked it out? 

You can find it here, http://www.cypress.com/?rID=57435

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

It seems that it is necessary to write reversed parser 🙂 There is no sense to do programmer.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it would be easier to get the orignal software and hex file.

If you still have the project, it should be easy to do.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not my project 🙂 I talks about this pre-programmed firmware here, but nobody help me to find it 😞

Anyway though the firmware will be 😄

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then you should be able to use the hex file posted by dasq to program the other chip.

The hex file can be read by a psoc programmer. you don't need to copy the content of a programmed psoc chip.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dasg gives link to another demo (not what I'm want and not about what I'm talking about). 😄

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hexus,

I have attached the self test hex file in the topic you had created before. It is at the following link, http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=2232&rID=59445&message=posted

Hope this will be of help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi dasg!

Thanks! It's very helpfully.

Strange that there were Programmer doesn't Read silicon into usable HEX-format (as it possible in another mCU). Latter will return to this question again, maybe it would be possible to write by me true parser for it purpose. AN73054 would be helpfully.

0 Likes

Old thread, but someone may find it useful for assembling the Hex file themselves (you can grab the metadata from any sample project hex file for the same target chip, only the protection level bytes and ma in checksum at bottom needs to be updated and their corresponding line checksums)

Re: Psoc4200-M, programming error, Hex File Parsing failure

0 Likes