Is there example MCU code for puart_control on BCM20737?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I was looking through the examples and I saw the puart_control example. Two questions:

1. Does this example support power management? As in, can I use it with a battery powered device, and put the BCM20737 to sleep?

2. Is there any example code for a host MCU for doing some of the basic functions? Like Advertise, Read/Write, etc?

Thanks,

Derek

0 Likes
1 Solution
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

We do not have any sample code for a host MCU but in place of that, we have a clientcontrol.exe to emulate the host, and also to illustrate the working of the app. We also have a list of commands that puart-control application uses, inside the pdf doc.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee

We do not have any sample code for a host MCU but in place of that, we have a clientcontrol.exe to emulate the host, and also to illustrate the working of the app. We also have a list of commands that puart-control application uses, inside the pdf doc.

0 Likes
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee

dsmith

Is this still a concern?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The project is on hold while I research a few options. If I use puart_control then it looks like we'll have to do some significant protocol analysis to figure out the right sequence of commands to use.

One thing that would be helpful would be to document example message sequences between the host and the BCM20737 running puart_control. That way I could compare our message sequences with the example to be sure that we're headed in the right direction.

0 Likes