PSOC4 OPAMP Startup time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed that it takes approximately 500ms after power on to get a valid output from the internal Opamp of the Psoc4 (configured as voltage follower)

NewFile2.png

The further behavior after this (long) time is interesting too: there is a bit of overshooting and a spike in the output signal.

NewFile1.png

My problem is that I need the output signal immediately after startup because there is some external circuit (comparators etc.) which rely on the signal.
Is it possible to start the Opamps "immediately" after power on or is it necessary to use external Opamps?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I had a very similar issue to your "500msec after start up delay" issue some time ago, and it turns out the issue was related to me using the WCO.  Have a look at this formus discssion, as this might account for your 500msec delay as well

Start up delay issue

Cheers,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I had a very similar issue to your "500msec after start up delay" issue some time ago, and it turns out the issue was related to me using the WCO.  Have a look at this formus discssion, as this might account for your 500msec delay as well

Start up delay issue

Cheers,

Mike

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

so it s possible to reduce the time to 10ms. Have you tried to get even faster startup?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never looked into whether I could speed things up beyond the ~10msec timeframe I needed.  From memory, I was seeing about a 5msec delay between the CPU powering up and my PWM signal becoming active, which was more than quick enough for what I wanted.

Someone that knows more about the internal workings of the chip start up might be able to point to a way to make things a little quicker if 5msec isn't quick enough for you

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have still problems with the startup delay.
Is there no solution from Cypress? In my opinion this is a very unusal and unexpected behaviour and should be dealt with by the manufacturer.

0 Likes