Powersave by bleprofile_StartPowersave()

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

After calling bleprofile_Init(bleprofile_p_cfg) in create function, current consumption looks higher.

So I added bleprofile_InitPowersave() and bleprofile_StartPowersave() end of the function.

Then the power consumption becomes lower.

Is this correct usage?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

dmiya

StartPowersave is generally called by the system itself, you should not need to call. 

Please check that in your profile config the powersave timeout is a non-zero value.

-Kevin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

dmiya

I'm interested in power saving also.  I don't recall seeing that function discussed in the documentation and the comments in the header file are somewhat cryptic and don't explain exactly what it is for.  I would be interested in following this thread to see the answer(s).

What is your current power consumption looking like?  I have found that the ble_tracex() function calls will consume a LARGE amount of power.  If you have any traces in your code you should put

#define BLE_TRACE_DISABLE

at the top of your .c files.  This will turn your trace calls into no-ops and save power.

In my App I am sampling an ADC quite frequently and do not want to ever enter HIDOFF (deep sleep).  But I don't want to disable low power mode completely as that would drive the BLE chip to run at around 6 to 8 mAmps continuously.  So I allow "light sleep" in between sampling periods and the chip is currently drawing about 2 to 2.5 mAmps including the ADC which is very low power also.

Eric

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

dmiya

StartPowersave is generally called by the system itself, you should not need to call. 

Please check that in your profile config the powersave timeout is a non-zero value.

-Kevin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kevin, Thank you for your comment. I'll try this later.

0 Likes