Not able to program Denebola CX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am using Denebola board for our development. But I am not able to Flash that binary into Denebola board. To flash firmware into Denebola board we refer "Firmware_build manual.pdf" but still I am not able to flash that binary into the board. When we open USB Control Center from FX3 sdk we are not able to select device type from that panel. I attached screen shot of same please let me how to solve this issue.

USB Control Center.png

Thanks,

Amit

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Amit,

"Cypress Bootloader Device" should come up in Universal Serial Bus Controllers list. Please check the driver details of the Cypress Bootloader device, it must bound to CYUSB3.sys driver. If not, try to forcefully bind the driver to CyUSB3.sys driver.

If issue persists then please uninstall the IAR software and power cycle the device.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Keerthy_V
First like given 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi Amit,

The CX3 device needs to be enumerated in the bootloader mode to flash the firmware using the control center. Can you please verify that you have changed the PMODE pins to USB boot and performed chip reset?

If yes, can you please check if the device is enumerated successfully as USB Bootloader in the device manage?.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for your valuable reply,

I attached pic of my board of PMOD setting. It's pmod[0]=1, pmod[1]=1 and pmod[2]=0.

How to check device is enumerated successfully or not?

Thanks,Screenshot_20181001-165242_WhatsApp.jpg

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

PMODE configuration looks fine. You can check whether the device is enumerating or not in the control center. Please find the attached image of control center enumerating CX3 device. It should show "CypressFX3USBBootloaderDevice".

Otherwise you can check "Universal Serial Bus controller" section in Device Manager. You will find "CypressFX3USBBootloaderDevice" in the list.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

May be you forgot to attached the file.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

PFA of screen shot of device manager.

RDK_Issue.PNG

Thanks

0 Likes
Keerthy_V
First like given 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

HI Amit,

It looks like there is some issue with driver binding.

Can you please manually bind the device to CYUSB3 driver?

Please right click on the westbridge device and select "update driver software" option. Please navigate to the following driver folder and choose appropriate inf file based on your OS.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin

Let us know your test results.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I tried on different laptop which are having windows 8. I did not get any error on it but still facing same problem.

Issue.PNG

IDE_USB_Control_Center.png

Thanks,

Amit

0 Likes

Hi Amit,

"Cypress Bootloader Device" should come up in Universal Serial Bus Controllers list. Please check the driver details of the Cypress Bootloader device, it must bound to CYUSB3.sys driver. If not, try to forcefully bind the driver to CyUSB3.sys driver.

If issue persists then please uninstall the IAR software and power cycle the device.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks abhinav it's work's for me.

0 Likes