PSoC6 Vref

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnKa_1206521
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given

Can someone clarify what the internal Vref level on the PSoC6 is? I had assumed it was 1024mV (as per all the other PSoCs I've used), but I see references to 1.2V in both the datasheet and TRM. My design will use both the ADC and DAC, I'm assuming there is only one Vref, and there isn't some difference there. Are the references to 1.2V in error or am I missing something?

Cheer

Anthony

1 Solution
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello Anthony,

PSoC 6 can have two different internal VREF levels - 0.8 V or 1.2 V. You can select the VREF you want to use for your analog system in the Systems tab in your cywdr file (as shown below).

pastedImage_0.png

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello Anthony,

PSoC 6 can have two different internal VREF levels - 0.8 V or 1.2 V. You can select the VREF you want to use for your analog system in the Systems tab in your cywdr file (as shown below).

pastedImage_0.png

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes

Thankyou Meenakshi,

Appreciate the clarification, I should have also mentioned that in AN218241 (PSoC 6 MCU Hardware Design Considerations) on pg 19 (section 9.2) it states:

"PSoC 6 MCU also has an internal precision reference of 1.024 V (±1 percent)."

Which was another source of my confusion, I assume this is a hangover from other versions of this doc and so would need updating?

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks Anthony - really sorry for the confusion. I think that was a miss (from me being an author of the AN ) and will definitely get fixed in the next version

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R