what happens if all three PMODE pins float on CYUSB306x?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ScGr_289066
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi All,

I have some boards that I forgot to make connections to the CX3's PMODE pins.  As you'd expect I don't seem to be able to load code in the boards.  I did however, add a CY7C65215 to the board as a programming interface.  This chip is wired to the TMS pins as well as the CYUSB3064's RX & TX pins.  Can this interface access the CX3's programming interface?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Scott,

JTAG should work.

Please test it and update the results.

Please note that with all the PMODE lines floating device can come up as CypressSD3, WestBridge or Benecia device.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ScGr_289066
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Along this same line, I see no documentation on how the CY7C65215 interfaces with the FX3 SDK to act as a JTAG debugger.  Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes

Hi Scott,

If PMODE pins are not connected properly according to the given configuration as mentioned in AN 76405 then then CX3 may come up as Benecia device. You will not be able to load the firmware into the device.

If you want to know more about JTAG debugging using CY7C65215 please refer to USB-Serial as JTAG Master - KBA224254 .

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav Garg

0 Likes

Hi Abhinav,

The JTAG interface could still communicate with the CX3 if it were in this state, correct?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes

Hi Scott,

JTAG should work.

Please test it and update the results.

Please note that with all the PMODE lines floating device can come up as CypressSD3, WestBridge or Benecia device.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes