Different clock path for Clk_Peri and Clk_Slow

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1669321
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

I need my Clk_Peri to be at 19.2 MHz, thus I've selected 96 MHz for Clk_HF0 and a divider of 5 for Clk_Peri. However, I now can't get my BLE Write Requests.

For example, using CySmart, I write a string to a service of my device. I get the CY_BLE_EVT_GATTS_WRITE_REQ event, in which I copy the string to a circular buffer. I can see that the buffer has the string. However, when I exit Cy_BLE_ProcessEvents(), the buffer is now empty (the data is still in the buffer, but the circular buffer's variables are reset to zero). Here's the typedef of a circular buffer:

typedef struct {

uint8_t *buffer;  /* Pointer to the static array */

size_t readIdx;   /* Index of the next byte to read */

size_t writeIdx;  /* Index of the next byte to write */

size_t capacity;  /* Capacity of the buffer */

size_t count;     /* Number of bytes currently in the buffer */

} CircularBuffer_t

So when I get the Write Request, writeIdx = 10 and count = 10. When I exit Cy_BLE_ProcessEvents(), both are now back to zero. I did not get this behavior when Clk_Slow was at 50 MHz (100 MHz / 2). As the code is all on the CM0+, I suspect that the problem comes from the fact that Clk_Slow, which controls the CM0+, is now at 19.2 MHz. Is there a way to change the Clk_Slow path to not be derived from Clk_Peri in the "Configure System Clocks" window?

Thanks,

Fred

0 Likes
1 Solution
AchimE_41
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First comment on KBA

May I ask why you need the 19.2MHz for the peripheral clock?

Isn't it possible to use one of the Peripheral clock dividers (8, 16 or 24.5bit)?

regards,

Achim

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
user_1669321
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

It seems that I don't get this behavior when Clk_Peri = 24MHz.

0 Likes
AchimE_41
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First comment on KBA

May I ask why you need the 19.2MHz for the peripheral clock?

Isn't it possible to use one of the Peripheral clock dividers (8, 16 or 24.5bit)?

regards,

Achim

0 Likes

Thanks Achim, I'll mess around with those, didn't think of it.

The problem with the circular buffer being reset was that I was debugging, thus getting disconnected, and I reset the buffer on a disconnection. That was a really dumb mistake.

I need 19.2 MHz to speak via UART to another device which runs at 19.2 MHz and I want the baud rate to have minimal error.

0 Likes