combine bootloader and bootloadable hex files in a single hex

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I dealing with a small problem. I'm working in a bootloader/bootloadable project that the uploadable image should be saved in a external memory.

I have a doubt that concern the first flashing of the firmware into the internal microcontroller flash memory.

I'd like to flash the microcontroller with the bootloadable and the bootloader images. I have been thinking that this is possible combining both .hex files in one .hex file and flash this file on the microcontroller.

I don't know if this is the best approach or if is possible to do something like that.

Someone already dealed with this kind of solution?

best regards,

Rafael Dias

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Bootloadable .hex files are different in that they contain code and data bytes for the bootloadable and the associated bootloader project. Bootloadable gets the bootloader project's hex file from dependency selected in bootloadable componenent configurarion wondow. Once you program the bootloadable.hex file; both projects are programmed in at the same time. This option is provided for production programming. Let me know if it helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Bootloadable .hex files are different in that they contain code and data bytes for the bootloadable and the associated bootloader project. Bootloadable gets the bootloader project's hex file from dependency selected in bootloadable componenent configurarion wondow. Once you program the bootloadable.hex file; both projects are programmed in at the same time. This option is provided for production programming. Let me know if it helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, geon

0 Likes