Configure pull-up/down on UART RX pin?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I have some problem on a psoc 4100 BLE (CYC84127) to configure UART RX pin with a pull-up by software.

Indeed, when using the provided function (UART_CONSOLE_rx_SetDriveMode(UART_CONSOLE_rx_DM_RES_UP) nothing happens on the pin.

Did I miss something or is it simply impossible to configure a pullup on the SCB-UART?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Arnaud

0 Likes
1 Solution
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi Arnaud,

When the pin assigned to UART, you can't use "UART_CONSOLE_rx_SetDriveMode(UART_CONSOLE_rx_DM_RES_UP" to control the pin.

If you want to change the UART pin drive mode, you need to config the HSIOM to let pin to GPIO.

Best regards

RING

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi Arnaud,

When the pin assigned to UART, you can't use "UART_CONSOLE_rx_SetDriveMode(UART_CONSOLE_rx_DM_RES_UP" to control the pin.

If you want to change the UART pin drive mode, you need to config the HSIOM to let pin to GPIO.

Best regards

RING

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi RING,

Thank you for your reply.

Ok, but if I let the pin to GPIO, could you confirm I still can receive characters on UART pin?

Best Regards,

Arnaud

0 Likes

No, if the pin configured as GPIO, it can't receive data.

If you want to receive data, you can't control it as a GPIO.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ring,

Sorry for my late reply.

Thank you for your help. We decided to let the UART pin as gpio in a way to have the pull-up setting.

Best Regards,

Arnaud

0 Likes