BLE 3.54 component failing install

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HeGi_2497906
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

I updated my BLE 3.54 element as requested by the tools and got this error, this has stopped me dead cold, please help immediately.

Elaboration client 'CyDesigner.Device.FitterPSoC.Common.DesignWideResources.DRC.CyPkDRCModel, cydsfit, Version=4.2.0.641, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.CyPkDRCModel' failed with exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at CyDesigner.Common.Db.CyS3Db.CyInstCustomizer..ctor(CyInst inst, CyInstBindContext instBindInfo, CyParamSet overrideSet)

at CyDesigner.Device.FitterPSoC.Common.DesignWideResources.DRC.CyCodeSharingValidator.PopulateSharingComponents(CySchematic schematic, CyElabInstBindContext bindContext)

at CyDesigner.Device.FitterPSoC.Common.DesignWideResources.DRC.CyCodeSharingValidator.ReloadDesignInfo(CyFullDesign design)

at CyDesigner.Device.FitLib.DesignWideResources.DRC.CyDRCModel.ReloadDesignInfo(CyFullDesign design)

at CyDesigner.Device.FitLib.DesignWideResources.CyResourceModel.ReloadElabInfo(CyElabInfo eInfo)

at CyDesigner.Device.FitLib.DesignWideResources.CyResourceModel.Run(CyElabInfo eInfo)

at CyDesigner.Common.Db.CyS3Db.CyBGElaborator._runClient(CyElabInfo eInfo, ICyBGElabClient client)

Elaboration client 'CyDesigner.Device.FitterPSoC.Common.DesignWideResources.DRC.CyPkDRCModel, cydsfit, Version=4.2.0.641, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.CyPkDRCModel' failed with exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at CyDesigner.Common.Db.CyS3Db.CyInstCustomizer..ctor(CyInst inst, CyInstBindContext instBindInfo, CyParamSet overrideSet)

at CyDesigner.Device.FitterPSoC.Common.DesignWideResources.DRC.CyCodeSharingValidator.PopulateSharingComponents(CySchematic schematic, CyElabInstBindContext bindContext)

at CyDesigner.Device.FitterPSoC.Common.DesignWideResources.DRC.CyCodeSharingValidator.ReloadDesignInfo(CyFullDesign design)

at CyDesigner.Device.FitLib.DesignWideResources.DRC.CyDRCModel.ReloadDesignInfo(CyFullDesign design)

at CyDesigner.Device.FitLib.DesignWideResources.CyResourceModel.ReloadElabInfo(CyElabInfo eInfo)

at CyDesigner.Device.FitLib.DesignWideResources.CyResourceModel.Run(CyElabInfo eInfo)

at CyDesigner.Common.Db.CyS3Db.CyBGElaborator._runClient(CyElabInfo eInfo, ICyBGElabClient client)

Error: sdb.M0073: Symbol file for instance "smartRVcontrols" of component "BLE_v3_54" not found.  Can't edit current instance.  Check your search path.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Before moving to a different computer, please provide your project so that I can check if I see the same issue. Right click on project > Archive workspace/project > minimal and post it here. Have you tried reinstalling creator?

This KBA might be helpful: https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-13511 which says "Delete all PSoC Creator configuration files. These are available in the following location: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor\PSoC Creator\X.Y" for the particular error you have. Try this and let me know your observations.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Did you create any new custom component or import any Component Libraries and try to edit them? Could you tell me what "smartRVControls" stands for in your project?

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

No I did not.  I simply did the updates the tool asks for, BLE was updated, and failed, and keeps failing, I was able to get my projects back to 3.53, but BLE no longer appears in the component tool.  Also, it still wants me to upgrade to 3.54, so I tried with a different project and it fails.

If I start a blank project, and select a CYBLE part, BLE does not appear in the component catalog, that is obviously not good, what can be done to fix this?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Can you try Tools > Find New Devices and check if there are some devices which are not yet updated. After updating, do a build and it should work. Let me know your observations.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

No effect, BLE component not present after updating devices and restarting.

If you mean to do TOOLS:FIND NEW COMPENENTS, I check that as well, BLE was not on the list for update.

0 Likes

Can you check if you can see any BLE_v3_30 format folders at this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.2\PSoC Creator\psoc\content\CyComponentLibrary\CyComponentLibrary.cylib

Let me know your observations?

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Thank you for helping, this is a troubling issue.

I do have that folder, here is an image of the file browser

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Please try the following:

Go to Tools > Find new components

Also, try Tools > Find new devices

Update if it says you have some components/devices to install. Then check if you are able to see it.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Sorry sir, you marked this correct, but it is not, it is still a major problem, I am going to have to try to move my projects to a different computer, then clean out and reinstall PSoC creator, and see if that fixes the issue.

0 Likes

Before moving to a different computer, please provide your project so that I can check if I see the same issue. Right click on project > Archive workspace/project > minimal and post it here. Have you tried reinstalling creator?

This KBA might be helpful: https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-13511 which says "Delete all PSoC Creator configuration files. These are available in the following location: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor\PSoC Creator\X.Y" for the particular error you have. Try this and let me know your observations.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes