Failed to send "Disable remap for SRAM_3" command to 1DX chip.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

We are trying to port WICED Wifi Driver on our custom solution which uses Murata's 1DX Module (CYW4343 basically).

We are facing some issues in sending following commands over SDIO:

wwd_bus_write_backplane_value( SOCSRAM_BANKX_INDEX, 4, 0x3 )

wwd_bus_write_backplane_value( SOCSRAM_BANKX_PDA, 4, 0 )

As per our knowledge these commands are used before downloading the chip firmware. Is there any special sequence to be taken care of while downloading the firmware in the chip?

Is there any reference document for understanding the chip specific registers and commands?

Any help is highly appreciated.

0 Likes
4 Replies
ToIn_1742091
Level 5
Level 5
10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored First solution authored

What MCU you are working on? You can find Type1DX+STM32 combination on Future Connectivity Solutions​ This is supported by WICED SDK public release, so it might help you to understand how to design your board/software.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have gone through the 1DX+STM32 combination from WICED SDK and I am taking the reference of the same for development.

But I am stuck at the firmware downloading part in 1DX module. I was hoping to find any reference document that have information regarding the internal core registers.

Also if you can provide me with some information regarding the possibilities where 1DX module will not accept the commands sent over SDIO. Is there any mechanism to monitor it?

Edit: After the above commands to access the SOCSRAM region, every command I give fails to respond. Is there any possible scenario where this can happen?

0 Likes

I checked with mifo​ . This is chipset related question, so he will move this to Cypress forum.

0 Likes
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

keval.soni_3633561

Unfortunately, we don't have a shareable document which discusses about the internal core registers. Ideally if you are using any of our standard EVBs supported in WICED SDK, you should not face this kind of issue because the sequence in which the commands and bring-ups of the core needs to be handled are already taken care of by the SDK. You also have to follow the exact same sequence mentioned in wwd_bus_protocol.c for your custom platform.

But we can still try to help debug the bring up issue you are facing. Did you check what is the return value from the wwd_bus_write_backplane_value( SOCSRAM_BANKX_INDEX, 4, 0x3 ) or wwd_bus_write_backplane_value( SOCSRAM_BANKX_PDA, 4, 0 )? Are you sure that SDIO interface bring up successful (F1, F2 etc)? You can try to dig deeper by enabling the WWD debug macros in wiced_defaults.h (My recommendation is to start with WPRINT_ENABLE_WWD_ERROR and WPRINT_ENABLE_WWD_INFO only and for further debugging you can enable WPRINT_ENABLE_WWD_DEBUG).