HCI UART not working after power cycle/reset

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FaSc_2711286
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hello,

I'm developing with CYBT-343026-EVAL.

After downloading an application to the serial flash, I transmitted WICED HCI UART commands over pc terminal(HCI UART Interface). The Traces are shown on a seperate terminal connected to PUART Interface. Everything worked fine.

After power cycle the board the WICED HCI UART commands not working anymore.

But the Traces still work.

So I refered to this post BD_ADDR: Changing BCM20737 Board Address for Production .

May this be the solution?

And if so, where do i get the files from for my specific board?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I'm going to talk via PUART. Thats working.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Which application are you using? Why do you need the hci command?

The HCI UART command needs the demo named begin with "hci". For example, demo/hci_audio_gateway.

0 Likes

i'm using a custom application.

i want to receive data from a remote microcontroller. So i thought i connect it to the evalboard through hci uart. For this i need to add wiced hci uart commands for transmission from microcontroller to eval board.

Then this data shall be send to Smartphone app.

0 Likes

If you want to use the hci command in your application, you need to add your own code to deal with the hci uart information. Please refer to the demo code about how to manage the command from the hci port.

For example, in the demo/audio/headset/hci_control.c, you can find the function static uint32_t hci_control_proc_rx_cmd( uint8_t *p_buffer, uint32_t length ) which handles the received command over HCI uart.

The hci command/event list can be found in the file doc/WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf

i think u didnt get me.

I download the custom application. Then i open a terminal for communication through hci uart. This terminal simulates the remote microcontroller. Then i send for instance the Wiced HCI command for starting advertising from terminal to eval board. (0x 19 02 01 01 00 01). Then the board starts advertising. This works.

But when i power cycle the board and send the advertising command again it doesn't work anymore. Then i need to download the custom application again.

0 Likes

1. Could you confirm that the application is downloaded to the flash successfully? How do you program the device? Have you refer to this KBA about the programming: Programming an EZ-BT WICED Module – KBA223428 . You may download a hello_sensor demo to check if you can successfully program it by searching the "hello" device with a client device(maybe a phone) after reset .

2. After you reset the device, you may need to reopen the HCI UART port in your PC terminal.

yes i did a make target projectname-CYBT_343026_EVAL download UART=COM8.

The console in wiced studio reads:

Downloading application...

Download complete

Application running

12:31:24 Build Finished (took 34s.303ms)

Then i send wiced hci advertise command to eval board. the evalboard starts advertising and i can connect it with my smartphone.

when i press the reset button and send wiced hci advertise command again nothing happens. closing an reopening terminal does not work either.

It's just working again if i download the application again...

0 Likes

Could you send a project which can reproduce the issue so I can debug it on my side?

0 Likes

I'm going to talk via PUART. Thats working.

Thank you.