PSoC 4 L-Series Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-046) basics

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
niprc_3742601
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given First like received First like given

Hello everyone,

recently at work I was tasked to write code to run three SPI buses on a PSoC board.  We bought PSoC 4 L-Series Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-046).

I have no embedded experience at all and I am trying to get up to speed asap.  So far I installed PSoC Creator 4.2 and found some examples with SPI bus:

CE224339_PSoC4_SPI_Master_DMA,

CE224463_PSoC4_SPI_Master_Interrupt,

CE224463_PSoC4_SPI_Master_Polling,

CE224463_PSoC4_SPI_Master_DMA,

DMA_SPI_PSo4.

DMA_SPI_PSo4 seems like something that I need.  It builds fine, but when I try to program the device I get "No Devices Detected" error message.

The device is connected to my laptop.  In fact, I can control my mouse with its sensor.  I wonder if the problem is that this example is configured and built

for a different target device.  When I open Device Selector I cannot find my device (CY8CKIT-046) in the list.  The same happens when I am trying to create a new project:

my device ID is not in the Target Device list.  Also, I do not know what to pick for the Target Module entry.

Please help!  I feel lost and I have lots of pressure to perform despite my lack of experience in this field.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

I hope you have connected the Kitprog USB port to the PC, kitprog act as Programmer /Debugger for the PSoC4200L avialble on kit.

Please check the  user guide available for CY8CKIT-046 at this link:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-046-psoc-4-l-series-pioneer-kit

When you are checking for code example(CE) in PSoC Creator, please chose Device Family as PSoC4200L, then it will show all the available CE for CY8CKIT-046. DMA_SPI_PSoC4 CE can be used for CY8CKIT-046.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

I hope you have connected the Kitprog USB port to the PC, kitprog act as Programmer /Debugger for the PSoC4200L avialble on kit.

Please check the  user guide available for CY8CKIT-046 at this link:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-046-psoc-4-l-series-pioneer-kit

When you are checking for code example(CE) in PSoC Creator, please chose Device Family as PSoC4200L, then it will show all the available CE for CY8CKIT-046. DMA_SPI_PSoC4 CE can be used for CY8CKIT-046.

0 Likes

Thank you very much!

I got my "Blinky" example working!  Before I was connected to wrong(not KitProg) USB port.  Lesson's learned:)  More to come

Thanks!

0 Likes